In 2011, Hulu had complied with Apple's rule to remove links to external mechanisms for subscriptions as well as the ability to sign up for accounts. The rule forced developers to use iOS' in-app subscription feature and granting Apple 30 percent of the subscription fee. However, as GigaOm notes, it's likely Hulu has realized that the ability to gain subscribers from mobile users is more important than giving 30 percent of its mobile subscriber fee to Apple.
What's New in Version 4.0.0
- Home – Best content of the day on Hulu, handpicked and curated by our expert editorial team
- Shows You Watch – Easy access to all the shows you are currently watching, personalized to your viewing habits
- Navigation – Discover the entire breadth of the Hulu catalogue from TV, Movies, Kids, Latino, British and Hulu Originals
- Player – Brand new player with cleaner controls and a nested menu for rich features like captions, share and cast to TV
- Action Tray – Quick access to search, queue and cast to TV features from anywhere in the app
- Search – Reimagined search with contextually grouped results by category
- Remote control – stream and control your viewing experience on the big screen via Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox1, PS3 and PS4
- Share – Share your favorite videos with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, text and email
Additionally, the apps are also now optimized for iOS 8, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Hulu Plus is a free app available in the App Store for iPhone and iPad. [Direct Link]