BlackBerry has updated its BBM messaging app for iOS to include support for the iPod touch and (sort of) the iPad, as well as additional sharing options and other improvements.
The prior version of BBM only worked with iPhones and iPads that have a cellular connection, and wouldn't work with iPod Touch or Wi-Fi-only iPad devices. However, BlackBerry has not rewritten the user interface to fit the iPad and BBM on the tablet works solely in pixel-doubled mode.
A new update to BBM is rolling out for Android and iPhone users. In addition to several new features, bug fixes and performance improvements, we are also proud to deliver something you’ve been asking for: support for iPod and iPads!
Here’s a quick overview of what’s new:
What's New in BBM Version 220.127.116.11
- Support for iPod and iPad devices running iOS6 and iOS7
- Improvements to right-to-left language support
- More options for sharing your BBM PIN Barcode
- Find your friends on other social networks who are also using BBM
- Fixes an issue where some users would be missing BBM contact names