The Xbox Music iPhone app includes a number of iOS optimized features such as the ability to multitask with Xbox Music running in the background, artist-based radio stations, and playlists that sync across all devices.
Xbox Music Pass on iPhone features:According to Xbox Music general manager Jerry Johnson, who spoke to The Verge, Microsoft plans to update the Xbox Music app every four to six weeks. One of the first updates will include support for an offline mode.
- Stream ad-free music from a catalog of tens of millions of songs
- Add songs, albums, and playlists to your Xbox Music collection and access them from other devices
- Create playlists that sync across your phone, Xbox 360, PC, tablet, and the web
- Listen to music while using your iPhone
- Listen to artist-based radio stations
- Enjoy a rich visual experience for searching, viewing, and playing back music
Microsoft's expansion of Xbox Music comes as the company prepares to launch the service on its upcoming Xbox One console, which will be released on November 22nd.
Xbox Music is a free app and can be downloaded on the App Store. [Direct Link]