Apple Extends New TV Ad Campaign to iPhone With 'Brilliant' and 'Discover' Spots

Apple tonight posted two new television spots for the iPhone on its YouTube page. The ads, entitled 'Brilliant' and 'Discover', highlight some of the more than 700,000 apps available on the App Store, using a variety of words to describe them.

Previous ads in the series include 'Alive', 'Together', and 'Hollywood', all for the iPad.

Apps shown in the ads include Gojee, Cards, Mike V: Skateboard Party, Starbucks, iBooks, MyScript Calculator, Philips Hue, GarageBand, Houzz, The Elements for iPhone 4, Apple Maps, Infinity Blade 2, Cleartune, Solar Walk, iPhoto, Yelp, and Shazam.

irDigital0l Avatar
Better than the previous ones (the app demos) but overall theme is still obnoxious.
uncleho Avatar
I liked them!

How are they obnoxious? They show the greatest apps available to a neat beat. They're great!
thadoggfather Avatar
Every shout makes me cringe.
ConCat Avatar
Great apps, terrible ad. >.>
slffl Avatar
Great apps, terrible ad. >.>

"Nothing is ever good enough" - Bill Maher
jake1776 Avatar
WORST Commercials Ever

This ad campaign is the major driver that makes me think some people are right when they say Apple has lost its luster. I have been ardently defending Apple since the 90s. I buy just about all of their products and I just got myself the new 27" imac. However, everyone knows that part of the magic that is Apple was in the way the package was delivered. I'm talking about Steve Jobs being excited about a new product. I'm talking about the way that Apple painted its competition as old and boring (IBM, Microsoft, etc). This commercial campaign is AWFUL.

I recently attended campaign management school in Washington D.C. A presenter who has designed some of the most famous political ads in the last 25 years had only TWO ads to show us to make his point about really GREAT political advertising. To my surprise, they weren't political ads at all. They were the "think different" and "mac v. pc" ads. He said they were among the greatest ads of all time. Specifically, "mac v. pc" slammed the competition, but did it (he said) in a fun way that everyone had to admit was true.

Advertising at apple has shifted away from edgy and fun ... and morphed into boring, dull, and forgettable. This makes me think that the things people are saying on here about Apple "losing its touch" might just be true. If I was to write an ad for apple ... it would be the easiest thing in the world. Something funny... and yet true. "Hello, I'm an iPhone ... And I'm an Android." Then one of them falls on the ground and says, I just cracked myself because I'm made of cheap plastic.