A couple of weeks after showing off Pudding Monsters for the first time, Cut the Rope creator ZeptoLab has now released the new title in the App Store. The puzzle game involves sticking blocks of desserts together to create larger and larger dessert monsters.

mzl

The Pudding Monsters are on a mission to save their friends from the cold-hearted fridge owner! Growing into an ULTIMATE MEGA MONSTER sounds like the most reliable plan.

Off the table, out of the house, and into the city – swipe to stick the Pudding Monsters together and save their friends!

Take advantage of different monster species and their powers (like Slime Monster, who leaves a trail of green goo), boost your growth using the cloning machines, wear pretty little cars on your head and much more!

Features:

- 75 levels with more to come!
- Innovative stick-‘em-together game-play mechanics
- Unique monster shapes, wacky personalities and attributes
- Fun, mind-bending experience suitable for all ages

The game is available in two separate versions, each priced at $0.99: an iPhone version [Direct Link] and an HD iPad version [Direct Link].

In an interview with Bloomberg about the release of the game, ZeptoLab CEO Misha Lyalin notes that the company plans to release five more games next year, including both new properties and follow-ups such as new Cut the Rope titles.

Jessica Lares Avatar
You ever think about how stuffing iPad, iPhone, iPhone 5 material in one app is just a huge waste of space for those that only have one or the other?
star-affinity Avatar
Again with the double dipping! I don't want to pay twice just so I can continue playing on the go… now I'm not buying either!
It's crazy how cheap people are with prices for mobile apps. Especially if it's a "full" game that don't want you to by stuff in game I think paying $2 for both versions isn't very much.

But at the same time, since the release of new games and apps comes at a such high rate, if one buys many for $1 each it adds up. I guess one has to skip buying everything that seems interesting.
foobarbaz Avatar
Xenc Avatar

It's not "double dipping". They are two separate devices with different specifications. Developers have every right to charge for the time it takes to adapt or rewrite their app for the iPhone or iPad.
netnothing Avatar

If they keep both at .99 cents....then I don't mind. A universal app would probably have been $1.99 or more anyway.

I get annoyed at this... if there isn't iCloud save syncs. If there is I don't mind buying twice as at the end of the day it's $2. I'll just not buy a drink or chocolate bar today or something!

I only bought the HD version.....but so far I don't see the iCloud sync :mad: They did it so well with Cut The Rope....wonder why it's not in this one.

-Kevin
djearlybird Avatar
This article makes me hungry :D