iTunes Match Launching in New Countries Including Austria, Greece, and Italy

MacRumors has begun receiving reports that iTunes Match has started going live in several new countries today. So far we have heard from users in Austria, Greece, and Italy, with some users reporting that they have been required to agree to updated iTunes Store terms and conditions addressing the service while others have even been able to sign up for the service.

itunes match signup italy
iTunes Match signup page in Italian iTunes Store

It remains unclear just how broad this latest round of debuts is, as Apple has yet to update its support document outlining availability of iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match, but signs of activity in various international iTunes Stores suggest that iTunes Match may also be going live in Bulgaria, Portugal, and Slovenia.

As part of the new rollout of Apple's paid iTunes Match service, users in these countries should also be receiving access to the free iTunes in the Cloud services for music and music video, which allow users to re-download purchased content any number of times to devices associated with their iTunes Store accounts.

iJon Avatar
Match is lame.

How so?

I've been immensely happy with my Match account. Gives me access to my 11,000 tracks on multiple computers and devices.
3282868 Avatar
How so?

I've had issues though. Some of my tracks don't play on my iPhone 4S or iPad 2, and simply skip to another track. My playlists are whack as well, mostly Smart Playlists. I reset it by turning if off on my Mac Pro, then deleted all my tracks from my iDevices and turned it off of them. I turned it back on, and still experiencing the same issues.

Also, it FUBared some songs, completely mismatching them. Needed to use Song Sergeant to fix em.

What did you do differently that I should be aware of? Thanks!
studio¹³¹ Avatar
my match is bogus too...

constantly logging me out or just not connecting (having to authorize same computer over and over again) and replacing my music w/ safe lyric content...
Mac-Addict Avatar
I don't know about anyone else but match is horrible for me, constantly failing to play music despite me having a HSPA+ 9mb down. Also playlists just do not show up.
phyzics101 Avatar
fix it first!!!
rdlink Avatar
I would love match if it weren't for the inconsistent service. I, too have partial albums that show as uploads instead of matched (annoying, but livable).

But the worst part is that, even though my playlists are always completely downloaded I often get songs that fail to play on when I lose my cell signal. I have had it eventually corrupt my whole playlist over the course of two or three days riding to work. I've gone through the exercise of deleting all songs in the playlists off my iphone, and re-downloading each of them manually. Two or three days later, viola, the problem starts again.

Had a ticket open with Apple for three weeks on the issue. Gave them all of the information they wanted. The engineer eventually threw up his hands and offered my money back for my Match subscription. Definitely un-Apple like.