Apple Begins Seeding 10.7.2 11C71 and Sends Out Premature iCloud Welcome Emails

1072
Apple has started seeding a new Lion 10.7.2 (11C71) build to developers, though it is not yet appearing to all developers. The new build lists no new issues and includes a Lion Recovery Update which includes improvements to Lion Recovery and addresses an issue with Find My Mac when using a firmware password.

Apple has also sent out some premature iCloud welcome emails. AppleInsider publishes a welcome email that was sent to one of its readers:

welcomeicloud110930
The link to the instructions found in the email is not yet active. Apple must be making final preparations to launch iCloud. iCloud is expected to launch alongside iOS 5. We should hear more about the service at next week's media event which takes place on October 4th.

Peace Avatar
are we getting ios5 tue?

I would guess that devs will get the GM first then maybe a week or two later it will be released. Devs need time to make sure the app runs on the GM build first. And there still isn't an XCode out that devs can use to build for the GM yet.
CodeBreaker Avatar
Macs on Lion (and possibly Snow Leopard) and PCs, and all iOS 5-running devices, plus a web interface. If you have anything older or have a non-Apple device, you can get your email using IMAP or connect to the calendar and contacts with CalDAV and CardDAV respectively.

Thanks :)
Anthony La Avatar
If I set up iCloud from Lion, will I be able to access my inbox/mail from other computers/OS via a web browser? I can't take my Mac everywhere I go and hence, may need to use other computers (at work, internet cafés).

Is iCloud exclusive to people with iOS devices and Macs? Or will it work for iOS and (Macs or PCs)?
Peace Avatar
Agreed. I'm guessing/hoping they're holding the GM out for the announcement because it'll include Assistant (although I think that's going to be an iP5 only feature).

Ya. There's a couple other reasons they haven't released the GM too. They also haven't released the final AppleTV build either. That makes me think iTunes Match will be on the AppleTV. Along with Facebook .

Just a guess mind you. :)
HelveticaNeue Avatar
Is it going to be @me.com or @icloud.com :confused:
It uses @me. Jobs said so at WWDC. I understand why @icloud would seem to make more sense. However, I have to agree that @me is the better email suffix ... very short, very simple.
Yamcha Avatar