bungeeairThe new Kensington BungeeAir is a combination iPhone case and key fob designed to alert users if they and their iPhone are separated -- and help secure and find the phone if they are separated.

The BungeeAir has three main features: Remind, Secure and Find. The Remind feature sends an alert to the fob in case the user has accidentally left their phone somewhere. The distance when the alert is triggered can be adjusted by an app on the iPhone.

The Secure feature automatically locks the iPhone and activates the password screen, preventing easy access to the iPhone, if it is separated from the fob.

Finally, the Find feature allows users to find their phone -- or the fob -- simply by pressing a button, if they are within range of each other. When activated, the devices alarm with sound and vibration.

Kensington doesn't precisely specify the wireless technology used, instead claiming a "2.4 GHz wireless connection" between the case and the key fob.

Kensington offers two versions of the BungeeAir, one with a 4-hour iPhone backup battery for $99.99, and the other as just a standard case for $79.99.

The BungeeAir companion app is free on the App Store.

jimothyGator Avatar
Oh man, I really could have used this a couple weeks ago. I left the iPhone 5..err, I mean, 4...I was testing at a bar. Second time I've done this! My boss was so pissed, I thought he'd kill me for sure. Now the guy has retired, so I guess I'm safe.
rdowns Avatar
Meh. 80 bucks, no thanks.

Laird Knox Avatar
I can't see this being for me. I am way too cautious with my phone and can't imagine ever leaving without it, no more than I am prone to forget a set of keys or my wallet. However, this would be amazing for someone like my mother (who I can't ever reach on her phone!) because she constantly forgets to take it with her.

Maybe she's screening her calls. ;)
JHankwitz Avatar
Did you see the size of the key fob? My keys already have a way too big fob for my keyless Toyota. The iPhone fob is even bigger. There's no way I can have an additional fob hooked on my keys also. My pockets are just not big enough to hold all that stuff.

----------

If you guys! Actually, google it.

There's an app to find your fob. And you can find your iPhone with the fob. The case also has a built in battery in it. And it uses a built in signal sender running a 2.4ghz frequency.

Or, you could just click on the link in the article. Thank you for repeating all the stuff that's already in the article. I need some reinforcemant today.
Caliber26 Avatar
GBrooks Avatar
Nice idea!

Until you lose the fob as well... :confused: