NAB 2011 Final Cut Pro Supermeet Coverage [Final Cut Pro X Announced]
Pre-event photo by @fcpsupermeet
The Final Cut Pro User Group Supermeet is about to kick off, and everyone seems to expect that Apple will be presenting the new version of Final Cut Pro. The event kicks off at 10pm Eastern, 7pm Pacific and has been rumored to include Apple as the main stage presenter. There has been no official confirmation of this, so hopefully everyone won't be disappointed. We'll provide updates here as we get them.
- Event started. Confirmed: Next version of Final Cut Pro to be unveiled. "Something as revolutionary as the first version of FCP when introduced in 1999." - PhotographyBay
- Current version of Final Cut Pro has an ecosystem around it. Two million users, 94% happy.
- New version will be called Final Cut X. Full rebuild from stratch. 64bit. (via @fcpsupermeet)
- Scales with core animation from a MacBook to Mac Pro. (via robimbs)
new interface via @robimbs
- Dynamically handle massive quantities of media, resolution independent playback. full color managed based on ColorSync. Grand Central Dispatch, using all cores and background rendering (via @reximilian, and @robimbs)
- Allows you to edit as you are importing, you don't have to wait to ingest. (via robimbs)
- Background rendering is built in. No more "writing video" dialog box (via @dbax)
- Content auto analysis, meaning it can auto detect most media and when it imports can auto image stabilize. On import it can: People Detection, Shot Detection, Auto Color Balance, Audio Cleanup (via @rexmilian)
- Automatic audio clean up on the way. Options to rid hum, rumble, etc. on the way in. Range-based keywording. You can select ranges inside your clip and apply keywords to those ranges instead of just keywording the clip. No subclipping necessary. Smart collections: Categorizes things like media types (audio, stills), how many people are in shots and how those shots are framed. Smart collections looks very iMovie-ish. (via PhotographyBay)
- Clip Connections: Audio and Video and be locked together and be one clip on a timeline (no longer a V1 and A1 A2 track). Can lock audio clips with specific video clip, so if moved on timeline they stay synched (via @reximilian)
- "Compound Clips": collapse chunks of media into a single clip on the timeline. How nesting always should have worked. (via @fcpsupermeet)
Inline precision editor via @robimbs
- Inline Precision Editor: click on an edit and it shows unused footage on both clips of the edit to help you trim (@rexmilian)
- the Auto Analyze will make Search Folders that know what has people in it, or CloseUps or Wide Shots.
- Tagging clips let's you tag only specific parts of the clip to tage with keyword or favorite
- Timeline Index: list of every clip on your timeline in order and let's you search by name or tag (via @reximilian)
- Automatically analysis audio and can sync audio with similar audio. Simple audio keyframing, tweaking the audio is much easier. Trimming clips, the Magnetic Timeline makes complicated edits easier.
- Instant render in the background all the time, does not at all effect editing. (@robimbs)
- Built in color matching. Match clip colors from two different cams very fast. That got BIG applause. (@comebackshane)
- Shipping in June on App Store. $299.
- No mention of Final Cut Studio or Final Cut Express.