Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.5 and Security Update 2010-007
Apple today released Mac OS X 10.6.5, the fifth maintenance update for Snow Leopard, via Software Update. The update offers a number of fixes implemented since the release of Mac OS X 10.6.4 in mid-June.
The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
- improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
- address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
- address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
- resolve a delay between print jobs
- address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
- resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
- address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
- resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
- improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
- resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
- improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
- resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
The public release is the same Build 10H574 that was seeded to developers on Monday, and multiple users are reporting that AirPrint to printers shared via their computers using the iOS 4.2 golden master is in fact NOT working, as had been rumored.
Mac OS X 10.6.5 is available as both delta and combo updates for systems running Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server:
- Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update (644.48 MB)
- Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update (Combo) (977.21 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 Update (858.02 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 Update Combo (1.12 GB)
Apple has also released Security Update 2010-007 for users on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:
- Security Update 2010-007 (Leopard-Client) (240.74 MB)
- Security Update 2010-007 (Leopard-Server) (448.10 MB)
Top Rated Comments