Updated models with AMD graphics options expected in early 2017.
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.6.5 and Security Update 2010-007
Apple today released Mac OS X 10.6.5, the fifth maintenance update for Snow Leopard, via Software Update. The update offers a number of fixes implemented since the release of Mac OS X 10.6.4 in mid-June.
The 10.6.5 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
- improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
- address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
- address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
- resolve a delay between print jobs
- address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
- resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
- address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
- resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
- improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
- resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
- improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
- resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4250.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Mac OS X 10.6.5 is available as both delta and combo updates for systems running Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server:
- Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update (644.48 MB)
- Mac OS X v10.6.5 Update (Combo) (977.21 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 Update (858.02 MB)
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 Update Combo (1.12 GB)
Apple has also released Security Update 2010-007 for users on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:
- Security Update 2010-007 (Leopard-Client) (240.74 MB)
- Security Update 2010-007 (Leopard-Server) (448.10 MB)