iMovie 1.1 for iOS Adds 4th-Generation iPod Touch Compatibility, Video Clip Splitting, and More
With the new fourth-generation iPod touch launching today, Apple has released an update to its iMovie application for iOS, adding compatibility for the new device to the existing support for iPhone 4. The updates also adds several new features, including the ability split video clips, automatic music looping, and more.
- Compatible with iPod touch (4th generation).
- Ability to split video clips.
- Automatic music looping when video extends beyond music track.
- Scrub to preview clips in Video Browser.
- In-app Tips page that illustrates how to use key features.
- Updated Photos Browser with newest images at top.
- Mute badge to indicate video clips with audio disabled.
- Additional performance and reliability improvements.
iMovie, priced at $4.99, debuted in late June for the iPhone 4, offering users the ability to edit footage shot on their devices without having to transfer it to a computer. A number of filmmakers quickly demonstrated how films could be easily shot and edited entirely on the iPhone 4.