New ~10.5-inch model with nearly bezel-free design rumored.
TomTom for iPhone Appears in New Zealand App Store [Updated: Also Australia, Western Europe, U.S., Canada]
iPhoneclub.nl reports [Google translation] that four regional versions of TomTom's much-anticipated iPhone GPS application have appeared in Apple's New Zealand App Store: U.S. & Canada, Western Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. Pricing is as follows (Users should set their iTunes Store to "New Zealand" prior to clicking the App Store links.):
- U.S. & Canada [App Store]: NZ $124.99 (US $84.41)
- Western Europe [App Store]: NZ $179.99 (US $121.55)
- Australia [App Store]: NZ $104.99 (US $70.90)
- New Zealand [App Store]: NZ $119.99 (US $81.03)
The App Store application prices obviously include only the iPhone application and not the companion car kit that will integrate a car mount, enhanced GPS receiver, built-in speaker, and power cables. The kit will also include an audio output jack, as well as a microphone to enable use of the iPhone as a Bluetooth speakerphone. A package supposedly containing both the hardware and software components appeared for pre-order early last month priced at 99 (US $163.39) plus taxes at UK retailer Handtec, although the legitimacy of the offer remains unclear.
It is unknown whether the applications' appearance on the New Zealand App Store is the first phase of a rollout to multiple countries or if the release was a premature addition.
Update: The four TomTom iPhone applications have now also appeared in the Australian App Store.
Update 2: TomTom iPhone applications have now appeared in a number of European stores. In addition to the standard four applications (Australia, New Zealand, U.S. & Canada, and Western Europe), each European App Store is also carrying a fifth TomTom application offering a more narrowly localized version for the respective countries at a lower price point than the complete Western Europe version.
- Benelux: offered in Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg and covers those three countries
- D-A-CH: offered in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland and covers those three countries
- France: offered only in France and covers France, Monaco, and Corsica
- Iberia: offered in Spain and Portugal and covers Spain, Portugal, Andorra, Gibraltar, and the major islands of the Balearic and Canary Island groups.
- Italy: offered only in Italy and covers Italy (including Sicily and Sardinia), San Marino, and Vatican City
- Nordic: offered in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden and covers those four countries
- U.K. & Ireland - offered only in the U.K. and Ireland
Update 3: TomTom applications have now appeared in the U.S. and Canadian App Stores. Prices in both stores are as follows:
- U.S. & Canada [App Store]: $99.99
- Western Europe [App Store]: $139.99
- Australia [App Store]: $79.99
- New Zealand [App Store]: $94.99