Intel-based Xserve Announced
Apple today updated its Xserve server line to include Intel processors and other advanced features such as lights-out management and redundant power supplies that business customers require. The base configuration now stands as follows:
- Dual-Dual 2 GHz Xeon 5100 Processors, configurable up to dual-dual 3 GHz.
- 1 GB DDR2 ECC FB-DIMM RAM, configurable up to 32 GB.
- 24x Combo Drive, configurable 8x double-layer SuperDrive
- 2 x 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet
- Built-in ATI Radeon X1300 with 64MB of GDDR3 SDRAM; mini-DVI to VGA adaptor
According to Apple, the new XServe is up to 4x faster than the previous 2.3 GHz XServe G5. More details can be found at http://www.apple.com/xserve/specs.html
The XServes are now available via the Apple Store.