OS X 10.4.6 Now Available [Updatedx2]
Now available via Software Update:
The 10.4.6 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies:
- login and authentication in a variety of network environments
- file access and byte range locking with AFP file sharing
- network access when using proxy server automatic configuration files
- connecting to Cisco VPN servers using IP/Sec
- using Bluetooth wireless devices
- searching iWork '06 and Microsoft Office documents with Spotlight
- saving Word documents automatically when using a network home directory
- creating Automator workflows for iPhoto 6
- synchronizing contacts and calendars to .Mac and mobile phones
- mounting and unmounting iDisk volumes
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
- previous standalone security updates
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n303411.
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798.
Note: As Apple notes, PowerPC-based Macs will restart twice rather than once after the installation of Mac OS X 10.4.6. (Thanks to member WildCowboy for suggesting we mention this.)[Update] Standalone installers can be found here.