Next version of iOS with overhauled notifications, lock screen, Messages, Apple Music, and much more.
Apple Closing NYC Retail Stores Ahead of Hurricane Irene
Apple's New York City retail stores will be closing this weekend ahead of Hurricane Irene's possible landfall over the city. NYC's mass transit system is shutting down by noon on Saturday, which will make it extremely difficult for both employees and customers to get to the stores.
Employees who answered the phone at SoHo, Upper West Side, West 14th Street, and Staten Island confirmed that those stores will be closed all day on Saturday and Sunday.
The Fifth Avenue location, which is famously open 24/7/365, will be closed Saturday and Sunday as well.
As for stores outside the city:
- On Long Island, Smith Haven, Roosevelt Field, and Walt Whitman all closed until Monday. Manhasset closed Sunday only.
- Palisades in West Nyack, NY - closed until Monday.
- The Westchester - closed until Monday.
- The Pier in Atlantic City, Bridgewater, Cherry Hill, Sagemore, Rockaway, Short Hills, and Willowbrook are all closed until Monday.
- Stamford, Greenwich Avenue, and Danbury Fair Mall all closed until Monday.
- Christiana Mall - closed until Monday.
- Bethesda Row - closed until Monday.
- King of Prussia - closed until Monday.
- MacArthur Center in Norfolk - closed until Sunday.
- Short Pump Town Center in Richmond - closed until Monday.