But before you reset, you should back up your device. You can back up your data to iCloud, but we'd advise you connect your iPhone up to a computer and perform an iTunes backup instead, just to be sure. You can find steps to back up your iPhone by clicking here.
Now that you've backed up your iPhone or iPad, it's time to perform a factory reset of the device. It's a simple procedure, once you know how. The following steps guide you through the process.
How to Factory Reset Your iOS Device
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad and launch the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap in your passcode if requested.
- Enter your Apple ID password to erase the iPhone and remove it from your account.
- Tap Erase.