Erasable Logo on Apple's Homepage Hints at New Apple Pencil Coming Tomorrow

Apple today updated Apple.com with a teaser for tomorrow's event, adding an interactive erasing feature that seems to hint at a refreshed version of the Apple Pencil.

apple event erase graphic
Hovering over the Apple logo and moving the mouse allows the current artwork to be erased and replaced with a new logo design. Apple created a total of six logos for the May 7 "Let Loose" event, and the interactive eraser cycles through those options.

The event is expected to focus on new iPad Pro and iPad Air models, but rumors suggest the iPads will also be accompanied by an overhauled ‌Apple Pencil‌ and a refreshed version of the Magic Keyboard.

Code in iOS 17.5 mentions an ‌Apple Pencil‌ with a "squeeze" gesture, so it is possible that the new model that's coming will have a hardware-based erase option enabled with a squeeze. The current ‌Apple Pencil‌ models do not have a universal erase feature that works across apps, and adding such an option would likely be popular with users.

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

Torty Avatar
3 weeks ago
AI powered erasing. Only possible with M4.
oneMadRssn Avatar
3 weeks ago

Apple today updated Apple.com with a teaser for tomorrow's event
I know why not one link in the article actually links to Apple.com. You want folks to stay on MacRumors rather than experience the very thing the article is about. But come on! Of all times to link externally, this is it. Do better!
zilchfox Avatar
3 weeks ago
As an artist myself, I’m super excited for this announcement!
syklee26 Avatar
3 weeks ago
Can I erase a zero at the end of the price?
abatabia Avatar
3 weeks ago
I might even skip this event tbh. I use my Apple Pencil like once a month maybe. If you use it and need it that’s cool but iPads are just not that interesting to me anymore.
HobeSoundDarryl Avatar
3 weeks ago
While I can't get the least bit excited about a pencil (but happy for those who can), of all accumulated rumors for this one, the one that most excites me is M4... which seems about a coin-flip at that point. I can easily see WHY it COULD happen (in spite of "iPhone must be first" mentalities) and I can about as easily see it NOT happening too.

If it does happen, the excitement (for me) is not so much M4 iPads but how quickly "the rest" would go M4... which- IMO- would be faster than any kind of "normal" schedule/pattern we believe we know from the past... as in new M4 Macs tomorrow? WWDC? (surprise) mid-summer event? Etc.

I hope M4 arrives but not holding my breath. Maybe this will be 2 hours almost entirely about a "we think you'll love it" pencil? ;)