New AirPods Pro Come With Smaller Ear Tips to Better Fit Smaller Ears

Apple's new second-generation AirPods Pro look to address a common complaint of ‌AirPods Pro‌ users: My ‌AirPods Pro‌ don't fit. For the first time, Apple is now offering a new extra small silicone ear tip size with its ‌AirPods Pro‌ earphones, helping customers who may have found the previous generation difficult to use.

new airpods pro ear tips
The second-generation ‌AirPods Pro‌ will now come with extra small, small, medium, and large silicone ear tips. Ear tips on the ‌AirPods Pro‌ are interchangeable, and Apple offers an ear tips test within iOS to ensure customers get a tight seal to make sure features like Active Noise Cancelation can work properly.

In terms of the actual design of the new ‌AirPods Pro‌, not much has changed. The new ‌AirPods Pro‌ have the same stem as the previous generation with the same silicone ear tip functionality but they come with added features. The new ‌AirPods Pro‌, thanks to the new H2 chip, can now offer Active Noise Cancelation that is twice as effective.

The second-generation ‌AirPods Pro‌ also comes with a new MagSafe Charging Case that includes a speaker for Find My and alerts for pairing and low battery, a hook to attach a lanyard, and the ability to charge using an Apple Watch charger. The second-generation ‌AirPods Pro‌ are available to pre-order from Apple on Friday, September 9 at 5:00 a.m. Pacific Time and will begin arriving to customers on Friday, September 23.

Related Roundup: AirPods Pro
Buyer's Guide: AirPods Pro (Neutral)
Related Forum: AirPods

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

saltukkos Avatar
I hope it's compatible with original Airpods Pro.
GigabitEthernet Avatar
Shame they couldn't do foam tips. I predict these will still fall out.
Joseph C Avatar
None of the included tips ever worked that well for me and I've never been sure if that's because I needed a silicone tip that is bigger or smaller, so maybe XS will work for my ears.

Otherwise it'll be continuation of using Comply's foam tips which have worked great for me the last few years. I assume they will still fit the new Pros as the design hasn't changed?
contacos Avatar
I just bought the SONY WF-1000XM4 instead because my AirPod Pro have literally died completely, including the case for no reason 2 days ago. Supposedly these r the best in terms of noise cancellation. I hope I am not gonna regret that decision. I just could not wait for the AirPro 2 to come out in more then a week from now. I need my music
MacStreamer Avatar
I’ll give these a try to see if the xs tips actually fit.
_Spinn_ Avatar
I can never get in ear headphones to fit properly.