Deals: Apple's iPad Mini 6 Drops to $439.99 on Amazon ($59 Off)

Amazon is discounting the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad mini tablet to $439.99 in all colors today, down from $499.00. There's a slight shipping delay for the tablet, with the fastest delivery estimate set for around August 30.

ipad mini better purpleNote: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This isn't the best price we've seen on the iPad mini 6, but given that all-time low prices have been extremely rare over the summer and stock has been fairly low, Amazon's new deal is still a solid second-best option.

Shoppers should note that this is one of Amazon's sales that require you to head to the checkout screen to see the deal price. Once the tablet is in your cart and you head to checkout, you'll see an automatic coupon worth $19.99 applied to the order.

Note: You won't see the deal price until checkout.

You can also get the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad mini on sale for $599.00, down from $649.00. This is another second-best price on the miniature tablet, and it's seeing delivery estimates around the same late August timeframe.

For even more iPad deals, head to our full Best Deals guide for iPad. In that guide we track the best discounts online for iPad, iPad mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.

Related Roundup: Apple Deals

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

Spock Avatar

It’s beyond me why anyone would buy a mini that, for all practical purposes, isn’t much more useful than a Max version of the iphone, that I have to buy anyway since I need a phone. The mini is a device with little marginal utility. No wonder they are being deep discounted.
Some people don't want the Max version of a phone or to carry around a 10.2 inch iPad. I really enjoy mine and I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, it is all personal preference.
TechRunner Avatar

The mini is a device with little marginal utility.
I see what you did there ;) Seriously, my son-in-law uses his in the classroom (music teacher) and it is way beyond the capabilities of his iPhone 12 in that context. I'm sure others will chime in with positive comments after me. It's a great device.
ProfessionalFan Avatar

Mini screen is 8.3 inches diagonally. iPhone Pro Max is 6.7 inches diagonally.

Even ignoring the other differences like Apple Pencil support, the screen is bigger.

These are 2 different devices that serve different purposes.
The Game 161 Avatar

Comparing the iPhone to mini is rather foolish. Not even close to being same in any way. Whole point of the mini is portability and it’s far superior over any phone usage. It’s easy to manage on the go, on sofa or in bed. I use mine daily and has a different use case to my phone and 12.9 iPad Pro
RadiusMan Avatar

It's pretty easy to understand actually.

For nearly the price of a single iPhone 13 Pro Max one can get an iPhone 13 Mini AND an iPad Mini 6. With this deal it's only $40 more to get both units. This way one gets an iPhone that actually fits in a pocket for when out and about, but can use a unit with a larger screen than the Pro Max when at home for watching movies, email, working with apple pencil, etc. Also one can charge while the other is in use.

Sounds like a smart combo to me.
stiligFox Avatar
Man, on Sunday Amazon had it sale for $399, and I went to Best Buy and they price matched it for me.

Glad I caught it on sale! Absolutely loving it so far.