Apple Releases First Public Beta of macOS Monterey 12.4

Apple today provided the first beta of an upcoming macOS Monterey 12.4 update to its public beta testing group, with the update coming one day after Apple provided the beta to developers.

macOS Monterey on MBP Feature
Public beta testers can download the macOS Monterey 12.4 Monterey update from the Software Update section of the System Preferences app after installing the proper profile from Apple's beta software website.

According to Apple's release notes, ‌Universal Control‌ in the new iPadOS 15.5 and ‌macOS Monterey‌ 12.4 updates is not compatible with machines running macOS 12.3 or iPadOS 15.4, so Apple suggests that as a workaround, users should update their ‌‌Universal Control‌‌ devices to the new betas.

No new features have been found in the macOS Monterey 12.4 beta at this time.

vagos Avatar
I don't care about Universal Control much. I just want those bugs fixed. Peace.
w5jck Avatar
I couldn't care less about UC either. Not something I will use. But they need to kill a lot bugs. And they need to fix the iCloud syncing with Safari, which is totally broken across all devices and OSes.
cwwilson Avatar
Guys this beta is really good on my M1 Air. Soooo much smoother and snappier than 12.3 it really makes a huge difference. I don't know what Apple did to fix things under the hood but I hope whatever it was that it stays like this in the coming betas on up until full release because it is amazing right now.
CarAnalogy Avatar
Universal control is awesome for using my best keyboard and trackpad on all my devices. I didn’t think I would be a fan but it’s actually very useful and awesome since my main computer is a laptop but sometimes I would rather use the desktop and still have easy access to everything on the laptop.

However, I second the other comments in that Apple needs to slow down on the features and pick up on the bug fixing. I don’t know how to incentivize developers to fix things rather than work on the shiny new stuff, and apparently neither does any company.
JippaLippa Avatar

I don't care about Universal Control much. I just want those bugs fixed. Peace.
I think pretty much like 99% of the userbase
DragonSound86 Avatar
I've had this installed for 2 hours, and it has already crashed 7 times. Three times it froze, and the other four times it randomly restarted.