New AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Firmware Adds Updated Find My Integration

The new 4A400 AirPods Pro and AirPods Max firmware that was released this afternoon adds expanded Find My integration that Apple first promised as an iOS 15 feature back in June.

airpods pro find my

With the update, ‌AirPods Pro‌ and ‌AirPods Max‌ are able to take advantage of the ‌Find My‌ network, allowing them to be located through connections with the Apple devices owned by other people.

Prior to now, ‌AirPods Pro‌ and ‌AirPods Max‌ were listed in the ‌Find My‌ app, but if they were out of Bluetooth range, they would only display last known location. Through the update, the ‌Find My‌ network will provide an approximate location for the AirPods to help you get within Bluetooth range to track down your headphones using the Play a Sound feature.

Related Roundups: AirPods Max, AirPods Pro
Related Forum: AirPods

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

Apple_Robert Avatar
I wish Apple would allow us to do forced update with the AirPods(Pro). It seems to be a real hit and miss to get it updated the current Apple way.
Take Flight Avatar
Now they just need to have the case itself be able to play a sound too. Play a sound feature doesn't do much good with the headphones in the case.

Or is the find my technology not even in the case itself??
xxray Avatar
I’m so glad Apple added this feature to the existing AirPods Pro and didn’t force me to upgrade to get it. I was always surprised it wasn’t a feature before.
ErikGrim Avatar
What the article misses and no one has yet to point out is that we can now finally LOCK our AirPods Pro with Lost Mode and send a phone number message :o
cmaier Avatar

The bug of failing to locate one's AirPods, clearly that's a software issue
They also don’t automatically block emo music from playing in my ear. Is that a bug too?
DribbleCastle Avatar

This or have the same within 30 feet tracking that the Airtags have. I would really love to see that in the Airpods 3 that are hopefully out this month. I would def pay an extra $30-40 for a case that does one of both of these things.