'Today at Apple' Session Explores How to Shoot and Edit 'Otherworldly' Photos in Night Mode on iPhone

A new "Today at Apple" session shared on YouTube today explores how to shoot and edit "otherworldly" photos in Night mode on an iPhone with the help of photographer Maria Lax and Landon, a Creative at Apple Grand Central in New York City.

Apple says its free "Today at Apple" sessions are meant to inspire hands-on creativity in photography, art, design, video, coding, music, and more using Apple products and accessories like the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Pencil. Initially hosted exclusively at Apple Stores, the sessions started to be offered online during the pandemic, and Apple also started uploading sessions to YouTube earlier this month.

This is the second "Today at Apple" session uploaded to YouTube, with the first exploring how to draw yourself as a "Peanuts" character in the Pages app using an iPad and Apple Pencil, with the help of "The Snoopy Show" storyboard artist Krista Porter.

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

Liam555 Avatar

Am I the only one not seeing much here? I mean, that photographer clearly has a good eye, but that's her eye... that's not the phone or the effects or anything along those lines. She's simply talented at seeing and framing a good shot.

That said, I'm about as zero-talent as it gets in this area, so maybe I'm just not appreciating certain aspects of this enough... ;)
As a photographer, I agree with you. Personally, it's not my type of photography. I much prefer capturing what's actually there rather than adding film and other effects to create abstract lighting in the scene. I think the night photography on iPhones is great though. They just don't explain that much about that in this video.
TheYayAreaLiving ?️ Avatar
That’s good stuff. It’s crazy to see what iPhone camera is capable off.
Chrjy Avatar
That guy's not over the top is he?! ?
Crowbot Avatar
Maria Lax and Landon, a Creative at Apple Grand Central in New York City

Pardon me, but I never heard the title "Creative" before. What exactly is that?
jntdroid Avatar

mr.bee Avatar

That guy's not over the top is he?! ?
I constantly need to lower my expectations of Macrumors' commenters