Spotify Beta Introduces Native M1 Mac Support
Spotify today announced the launch of new beta version of its desktop app that's optimized for M1 Macs with native Apple silicon support.
According to Spotify, the beta software features compatibility improvements and optimizations for the Arm-based M1 systems from Apple.
The beta software can be downloaded from Spotify's community site, and Spotify is seeking feedback on how the software runs. The company says that because this is a beta, there could be some unexpected behavior, and user feedback will be used to tweak and improve the usage experience.
Spotify users have been asking for a native version of the Spotify app for M1 Macs since the machines first launched last year, so this will be welcome news for Spotify users who have an Apple silicon Mac.
Top Rated Comments
* Unlike Spotify, the search is not instant, I have to hit return + it takes some time loading while Spotify gives me the results straight away while typing (sometimes I even have to hit return multiple times to get results)
* In the songs list, you can't click on an album name/artist to go to their page, you have to right-click and select it there instead
* apparently there are two forms of playlists, the one from the browse tab (where you can click on artists for example) and the ones that you've added to your library (where it's like the songs page, I can't click on anything).
* you can't drag and drop songs from playlists (that you're not following, so playlists from the browse tab) in your playlists but have to use right-click instead (might have changed meanwhile idk)
* sometimes songs take a few seconds to start playing while Spotify starts playing instantaneously
* and one of the biggest flaws: if you add songs to both your library and your playlist and later decide to remove it from your library, it automatically gets also deleted from all of your playlists
Spotify is far from being a perfect app, but their macOS app is SO MUCH BETTER in comparison. I really liked the iOS Music App, but the iTunes-like app for macOS is garbage.