Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming macOS 10.15.4 update to developers for testing purposes, one week after seeding the third beta and more than a month after releasing macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

macos catalina wallpaper
The new ‌‌macOS Catalina‌‌ beta can be downloaded using the Software Update mechanism in System Preferences after installing the proper software from the Developer Center.

macOS Catalina 10.15.4 includes Screen Time Communication Limits, a feature first brought to the iPhone in the iOS 13.3 update, and it brings a new Head Pointer Accessibility option that allows the cursor to be controlled with head movements using the Mac's camera.

Real-time lyrics are included in macOS 10.15.4, bringing an iOS feature introduced in iOS 13 to the Mac. Real-time lyrics allow the lyrics for a song to scroll in real-time to the music so you can follow along with what's being sung.

References to AMD processors have also been discovered in the macOS 10.15.4 beta, leading to speculation that Apple is working on AMD-based Macs, but these references could simply be for internal testing rather than evidence of an AMD Mac.

Though not directly related to macOS Catalina 10.15.4, Apple is adding a new universal purchase option for macOS and iOS apps, which will allow Apple device users to purchase one app that works across multiple platforms.

Related Forum: macOS Catalina

mxrider88 Avatar
Mail app keeps opening by itself.

iPhone still not syncing as it should.

Continuity/handoff when using multiuser Mac still not working.

The most ridiculous macOS release. Give me snow leopard back please
FixAppleMail Avatar
Does it solve issues Apple Mail?
iTech23 Avatar

maybe 10.16.0 will :)
And the overheating issue with the MacBook Pro 16-inch when connected to an external monitor!!

Anyone with the MacBook Pro 16-inch having having overheating issues when connected to an external monitor was able to install this update to see if there any improvement?
mxrider88 Avatar

I even wrote to Tim Cook, his email is tcook [at] Apple.com

I can’t watch a single movie or video in full screen when Mail is launched, it splits the screen with zero new emails in the inbox. I reported this throw Apple Community Forums, Tim’s email, Feedback Assistant and Apple.com/feedback. I am starting reporting this daily now. It’s been like that from 3 versions of the OS.

Apple Mail for iOS when combined with Gmail is a complete disaster from iOS 13, never had so many issues.

If Microsoft and others does have a working email client with Gmail used as an email address, why can’t Apple fix their email client for their own platform?

If I was Tim I would fire ? the leadership staff for the OSes, I would streamline and push more permission based telemetry an rebuild Feedback Assistant as a central user friendly peace of software that motivates people to give feedback, report bugs and everything in a more streamlined way.

OS 13 and MacOS Catalina needs radical polishing! These were the worst OS releases I’ve seen from 2013 when I start using Mac.
Funny... I emailed him too, with Federighi in copy! Zero answer, zero actions.
When Bertrand Serlet was in charge of macOS we had the best os on earth.
mxrider88 Avatar

Strange. I think Catalina is at least as fast as Mojave.
It isn’t slow. Just nothing works, it’s a software disaster. For the first time in 14 years of Mac I’m not feeling like laughing at my partner’s windows laptop!!
FixAppleMail Avatar

Mail app keeps opening by itself.

iPhone still not syncing as it should.

Continuity/handoff when using multiuser Mac still not working.

The most ridiculous macOS release. Give me snow leopard back please