Night mode is an automatic setting which takes advantage of the new wide-angle camera that's in the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro models. It's equipped with a larger sensor that is able to let in more light, allowing for brighter photos when the light is low.
macOS Catalina Now Available
Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 With eGPU Support, Business Chat in Messages, and More
macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 can be downloaded directly from the Mac App Store or through the Software Update function in the Mac App Store on all compatible Macs that are already running macOS High Sierra.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 introduces bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that have been discovered since the release of macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. The update brings support for Business Chat, which will allow you to interface with businesses like Wells Fargo and Lowe's right in the Messages app, and it includes official support for external graphics processors (eGPUs).
There are also several other small bug fixes and tweaks, as listed in the release notes:
The macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update improves the stability, performance, and security of your Mac, and it is recommended for all users. This update:The update also introduces the smoke cloud wallpaper that was previously only available on the iMac Pro and it introduces a warning when opening up a 32-bit app as part of an effort to phase them out.
- Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the US
- Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs)
- Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro
- Allows jumping to the right-most open tab using Command+9 in Safari
- Enables sorting Safari bookmarks by name or URL by right clicking and choosing "Sort by..."
- Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages
- Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field in Safari
- Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search Field when interacting with password or credit card forms on non-encrypted web pages
- Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information
For more detailed information about this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208533
For more detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222
In the future, Apple plans to phase out 32-bit Mac apps, just like it did with 32-bit iOS apps. Apple says macOS High Sierra is the last version of macOS that will support 32-bit apps "without compromises."