T-Mobile today announced the launch of a new T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ plan, which is designed for users that are over the age 55.

Starting on August 9, T-Mobile subscribers that are 55 or older can purchase two lines of T-Mobile ONE unlimited service for $60, with all taxes and fees included. T-Mobile's standard two line price is $100 per month ($50 per line), so this is a significant discount for older adults.

tmobile55plusplan

"For years, the carriers have been patronizing the generation that invented wireless. They thank these mobile pioneers by selling dumbed down 'senior' plans with exactly zero data and -- get this -- night and weekend minutes! That's not just idiotic -- it's insulting!" said Legere. "Today, the Un-carrier ends this ridiculousness with T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ -- an offer that recognizes how Boomers and beyond actually use their smartphones!"

To get the $60 price, customers must be over 55, and must enable Autopay using a debit card or bank account. It's $50 for the first line, $10 for the second line, and unlimited everything with a $5 per line Autopay discount.

T-Mobile's new plans will be available starting on Wednesday, August 9. New customers can sign up by visiting a T-Mobile store, while existing customers can get the new plan by calling T-Mobile, visiting the website, or heading to a T-Mobile store.

Westside guy Avatar
Having unlimited means almost nothing to most people in that age group.
Speaking as a 56-year-old... I think you're confusing 55 with 85.
OldSchoolMacGuy Avatar
What's the point? Statistically, those 55+ use the least data of any demographic. Having unlimited means almost nothing to most people in that age group.
The entire point is to entice the 55+ age group to switch to their service. The fact that they don't use much data is a win for T-Mobile. It's like selling a health club membership to 500lb man. Chances are they're not going to use it much. That's the whole point.
macduke Avatar
Are you kidding me? Most of the old people I know only have data plans with no home internet. They like being able to manage it from their iPad and take it to the park, on vacations, etc. Also 55 isn’t very old, lol. 55 year olds were 45 when the iPhone came out and around 33 when the internet started catching on. My grandpa is in his mid-70s and taught me how to use computers and how to build a computer. My uncle, may he rest in peace, would have been 55 next year and taught me many things about computers and the internet also. Older people are much more versed in technology now because many of them were alive and building the foundations for the things we have today. The age of old people not knowing tech is slowly coming to an end. Actually, at some point I have to wonder if we’ll cross a threshold where old people know more than young people because OSes today are so simple and the average person never has to deal with scripting or anything complex. But at the same time development jobs are rapidly increasing, so who knows.
JackieInCo Avatar
In two years, I'll be able to switch to this plan if they still have it. Right now, I have "All In Promo" which included two lines for $100 with a third line free. It includes tethering and HD video.

On one of my lines I've used 10.3GB and the other two are about 3GB. You may want to rethink your post. I'm sure I'm not the only one in my age group who uses a lot of data. I have unlimited lines for a reason.
kycophpd Avatar
Time for me to get Grandma as my main account holder!!
kitsap2 Avatar
This is why I really like this CEO! And another reason to invest in this company. I'm over 55 and use my iPhone for everything. This is a true DEAL!
Go Legere! Love watching you poke the hornets nest!