Best Buy is offering a substantial one-day sale on Apple's current generation 15" Retina MacBook Pro. The $1,999 2.2GHz MacBook Pro has been discounted $300 to $1,699.

rmbp

The current generation 15" Retina MacBook Pro was released in May of 2015. It offers the following specs:

- 15.4-inch Retina Display
- 2.2GHz Quad-Core Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- Intel® Iris Pro Graphics
- Force Touch trackpad

The next MacBook Pro is not expected until 2016 with the release of the Skylake processors. $1,699 represents the largest discount on the current generation 15" MacBook Pro that we've seen, and expires at the end of Monday, September 21st.

Best Buy is an affiliate parter of MacRumors.

Related Roundup: MacBook Pro 14 & 16"
Related Forum: MacBook Pro

Kajje Avatar
Still not worth it. For professionals the 2016 models are going to be worth every penny.
Inside sources I cannot reveal told me the 2017 model will be even better. I ran my business just fine on a 2006 machine back in 2007. A discounted 2015 model in 2015 seems like a good deal for people who wants to do business today.
OriginalMacRat Avatar
I'm still waiting for the PowerBook G5.
OceanMindedBoy Avatar
I have a secret inside source as well. I was told the 2018 would be "the best MacBook Pro yet"
nsfw Avatar
so a 1.1GB/s SSD drive speed and i7 quad cores with 16gb doesn't get the job done for you?
Kajje Avatar
I'm actually a little tempted. $1699... Tax free if I run up to NH. Minus 10% if I use my Discover card if BB takes apple pay.

I had a 15" MBP i5 that I thought was too big/heavy. Then 13 i5 Air that was not fast enough. Then the rMBP came out and I got the 13", which now I find doesn't have enough real estate. Perhaps the 15" rMBP would be a nice compromise... But the footprint is still too big. Make a 14" please apple.
Dude, don't want to be cockey like the missus and what not, but after spending north 5G's on your journey to find the ultimate laptop, wouldn't it be time to get yourself some decent advice and leave the impulse buys to others? On the other hand, combined with the tax return and 10% it's a great buy though. But don't forget you'll get those extras also next month.
icrude Avatar