Apple Shares New Apple Music Ads: 'All the Artists You Love and Are About to Love. All in One Place.'

Apple today released a series of three Apple Music ads focused on how the service helps users discover artists. The first ad is a 60-second spot highlighting a number of artists and sharing Apple's motivation for creating Apple Music, ending with the tagline "All the artists you love and are about to love. All in one place."

Music has never had a bigger place in our lives. To have access nearly all the music in world at our fingertips is remarkable. And yet, there needs to be a place where artists and fans can discover one another. Where the entire experience, from playlists to radio to new releases, is powered by people who live and breathe music. A place that brings you the artists you love, as well as the artists you're about to love. That kind of place would be pretty great. And that's what we set out to do with Apple Music.

Two other ads are artist-focused 30-second spots, with one featuring James Bay and the second featuring Kygo.

As with the longer general "Discovery" spot, the artist ads are shot in black and white and end with the new tagline, but the artist ads include no spoken content, focusing only on the artists' work and then briefly overlaying a representation of their Apple Music pages with the Connect feature highlighted.

The new ads come two weeks after Apple began an Apple Music ad campaign in a number of public spaces around the world, including billboards, signage at bus shelters and subway stations, and more.

iPhone 16 Pro Max Generic Feature 2

5 Biggest Changes Rumored for iPhone 16 Pro Max

Tuesday May 21, 2024 7:29 am PDT by

Crosscreek Avatar
I tried it and it's just to cumbersome. I went back to Spotify.
Menopause Avatar
Apple Music is a BLOODY NIGHTMARE. The content might be very fulfilling but usability-wise it's is an absolute ludicrous joke. iTunes UI makes you wanna hang yourself. I wasn't able to get a single playlist downloaded for offline listening because "Looks like this is no longer available". No number of resetting, logging out and in, restarting changes anything. I resubscribed to Spotify Premium within 10 or so days.
ksuyen Avatar
Oh what a shock! What I read from the comments are whinging whinging whinging... :D

I love Apple Music and have no trouble using iTunes. I guess I am just one of those who are actually pretty smart, you know. Just saying :D
Small White Car Avatar
Sorry, Apple. Not until you make it a separate app. I was incredibly suspicious of combining my own music with this service even before Jim Dalrymple's troubles. That story certainly didn't help matters.

There's not a single good reason for the two to be merged.
HowEver Avatar
From the tone of the replies, Apple knows how to repel people who would never use its service in any case.

So far, I'm enjoying Apple Music, especially to play the stuff I don't need to download and save, and for discovery.
swingerofbirch Avatar
Their ethos is overwrought. Good marketing is about what a product really is--which admittedly would make it hard to market Apple Music/iTunes/iTunes Store because really what is all that stuff?

Apple Music is supposedly curated. All I remember doing is telling it a few things I liked and disliked, and yet so far its recommendations to me seem to be based entirely on previous iTunes purchases I've made.

I don't know how Spotify makes its Weekly Discovery recommendations, but however it does it, they are spot on. Every week I find new stuff that I really like.

Back in the 90s and early 00s we shared mix CDs. Now we share Spotify lists. I can make a list for a party and link it to a Facebook group event so people can go back and see what I played during the party. Obama just shared a Spotify playlist. There's just a whole culture that Apple missed the boat on.

Yes, I bought a Britney Spears album in 2004 from iTunes. I'm not ashamed of that. But the me in 2015 isn't interested in Britney Spears' "Deep Cuts" or "Love Songs from Britney Spears you may not have heard." Plus she somehow automatically showed up on my Connect page in iTunes, which seems to be like a very, very limited version of Twitter that is only about promotion. I also get updates from U2 and Elton John. Why? I have no idea.

I should point out everything I've tried with Apple Music has been through iTunes. I don't listen to music as much on the go.