Dropbox for iOS has been updated to version 3.6 today, adding the ability to rename files and folders. Navigating to an individual file and then tapping on the new "more" action button next to the share sheet button will reveal a set of file management options that includes renaming capabilities.
Along with files, folders can also be renamed directly within the Dropbox app for iOS, with a quick swipe to the right to reveal the new renaming function.
The addition of file renaming functionality follows a recent update that saw Microsoft and Dropbox partnering up to add Dropbox support to Microsoft's suite of Office apps, allowing documents in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to be saved to a user's Dropbox account.
- You can now rename your files and folders!
- Swipe right on a folder to see more actions, including rename.
- We've moved a few things around - there's a new more actions button (⋯) when viewing files
- On iPhones, the more actions button (⋯) also includes the full file name, size and other details.
- Edit Office documents and save them back to your Dropbox