Apple Seeds First Beta of iOS 6.1.1 to Developers
A little over a week after the public release of iOS 6.1, Apple today seeded the first beta version of iOS 6.1.1 to developers. The beta arrives as build 10B311.
The new version also arrives just two days after the Evasi0n jailbreak for iOS 6.x devices went live, although it is so far unknown if iOS 6.1.1 patches any of the bugs exploited by the software.
Update: 9toMac has release notes listing major improvements to Maps for Japanese users.
iOS 6.1.1 beta 1 includes the following improvements to Maps for Japan:
- Improved pronunciation of roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Optimized directions to more strongly prefer highways over narrower roads
- Now indicates upcoming toll roads during turn-by-turn navigation
- Added labels for junctions, interchanges, on-ramps, off-ramps, and intersections
- Added indicators for transit station buildings, subway lines, and traffic lights
- Updated freeway color to green
- Updated icons for some location categories including fire stations, hospitals, and post offices Added 3D buildings including Tokyo Station, Japan Imperial Palace, and Tokyo Tower
Top Rated Comments
Steps to remedy yourself:
1. Delete MR account
2. Unplug router
3. Turn off cellular data on your iPhone
These jokes were old about a decade ago. Please try your joke again.
Same here. I don't get all this excitment about jailbreak! I jailbroke mine and it's clearly not the same after that. Battery indicater does not show corrctly, drops like 10% each time, it's noticably slower, winterboard crashes!! I mean wtf? Isn't this the reason we like Apple products? So we don't have to cope with that crap?