Bloomberg TV and DirecTV Debut New Live Streaming Services for iPad
Financial media and data company Bloomberg today launched a new Bloomberg TV+ app for the iPad, offering free, ad-supported live streaming of the financial news channel.
- Live TV: Bloomberg Television Live 24-hours a day
- Featured videos: The biggest business stories right now prioritized by importance
- Last 24 Hours: All the important business stories from the last 24 hours
- Exclusive interviews with the most influential people in business, finance and investment
- Original content produced for mobile
- Bloomberg's critically acclaimed shows on demand
Bloomberg TV+ also allows users to download video content for offline viewing, view bonus content, set reminders for live shows, and share videos via social media and email.
Meanwhile, satellite television provider DirecTV yesterday updated its iPad app to provide free live TV for subscribers. Like several other similar apps from cable companies such as Time Warner, DirecTV customers can only view live TV on their iPads while in their home and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as their DirecTV HD DVR.
Turn your iPad into a portable TV and watch your favorite shows in any room of your home.
- Quickly scroll through a list of channels available to watch on your iPad with a dedicated “Live TV Streaming” Module.
- Get tips in the help section to guide you through features in the app.
- Set parental controls to block live TV channels viewed on the iPad.
- Change start and end times to add padding to a program when setting a recording.
DirecTV is offering an initial batch of over three dozen channels for live streaming to the iPad, with additional channels presumably coming in the future. The DirecTV app also offers easy transitions from iPad to TV, allowing users watching a channel live on their iPad to simply swipe up on the video to have their DirecTV DVR automatically tune to the channel for viewing on their television set.