MobileMe to 'Castle' (iCloud?) Upgrade in Mac OS X Lion

200327 castle

Consomac.fr went digging in the latest Mac OS X Lion build to see what they could find. They discovered the icon and groundwork for 'Find My Mac' that seems to offer users the same location-based finding functionality as 'Find My iPhone'. More interesting, however, were strings that indicated that you would upgrade MobileMe to something called "Castle". (Image embedded above).

Click OK to open System Preferences and complete your upgrade from MobileMe to Castle.

Consomac guesses that "Castle" is simply a code-name for Apple's upcoming cloud services and it will be replaced with iCloud before the final launch.

Apple is rumored to have purchased the iCloud.com domain name for $4.5 million dollars. The transaction (though not the specific amount) was confirmed by All Things D sources as well. This new evidence seems to suggest that the new service will replace MobileMe as it currently exists.

iOS 17

Apple Sheds More Light on iOS 17.5 Bug That Resurfaced Deleted Photos

Friday May 24, 2024 2:36 am PDT by

bpaluzzi Avatar
This is great news if it means the end of mobile me. Die Mobile Me - DIE DIE DIE. Anything will be better than the self centered sounding @me.com. I simply will not use the email address in a professional context. Don't mind @Mac.com, and still use it, but @me.com sends the wrong message.

Oh my goodness, the irony.
sinsin07 Avatar
No, but I think the word 'me' does have negative connotations such as narcissism and self centeredness. That is my beef with it. The last word I want someone to associate with my name is 'me'.
The key area of your problem is highlighted in red.
dethmaShine Avatar
So now every time someone uses the word, Castle, Apple files a law suit :rolleyes:
More trolling on this forum. Go! Go! :rolleyes:
Dimwhit Avatar
I like Castle for the new service. The whole Castle in the Cloud theme. It works.
Popeye206 Avatar
Oh my goodness, the irony.

+1!

Of all the people to worry about the "me" factor. :p
modernmagic Avatar

Why would you use any @isp for a professional email address??

For $10/year you should have name@domain.com