Apple iPad is (Almost) Here
Apple has updated
their website with a large banner declaring "iPad is Here". Apple has posted hands on videos
with several of the launch applications including The Elements
, Marvel Comics
, The Wall Street Journal
, At Bat 2010
and several more.
Today is iPad launch day. MacRumors forum readers awaiting their UPS shipments for the iPads are following this thread as they await delivery, while those actually going to a local retail store are meeting up with others.
We'll have coverage of the iPad launch, impressions and more as the day progresses.
While you Wait - Here are some Free apps to download to test out your new iPad
- Adobe Ideas for iPad - Adobe Ideas is your digital sketchbook, letting you capture and explore ideas anywhere you go.
- iBooks - iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books, designed exclusively for iPad.
- USA Today for iPad - The latest news stories, scores, weather and photos you've come to expect from USA TODAY are now available in a beautiful new way, on your iPad.
- ABC Player - Watch your most loved ABC shows for free on the ABC.com Full Episode Player for the iPad!
- AIM for iPad - AIM is redefining social networking add a location to your status, post to your favorite social networks or chat directly with your Facebook friends.
- NYT Editors' Choice - Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with the unique functionality and navigation of the iPad.
- Twitterific for iPad - Twitterrific is the friendly, award-winning Twitter client that's beautiful to look at, easy to use and full of elegant features.
- Harbor Master HD - Enjoy the best selling game Harbor Master on the beautiful big screen of the iPad.
- Smiles HD - SMILES HD is all new and redesigned for the iPad. It's based on SMILES, the award winning strategic puzzle and arcade matching-game.
- Labyrinth 2 HD Lite - The sequel to the original labyrinth game is available for your iPad, now with new levels fitted perfectly for the bigger screen.
Apple today announced that it will be holding a special event on Tuesday, September 14 at 10:00 a.m. The event will take place at the Steve Jobs Theater on the Apple Park campus in Cupertino, California.
As with WWDC and last year's fall events, this new event will be held digitally with no members of the media invited to attend in person. Apple will likely provide pre-taped segments for...
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro arrived in October 2020 in a range of color options, with entirely new hues available on both devices, as well as some popular classics. The 12 and 12 Pro have different color choices, so if you have your heart set on a particular shade, you might not be able to get your preferred model in that color.
iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12
The iPhone 12 mini and iPhone...
We've seen a lot of teasers about the Beats Studio Buds over the past month since they first showed up in Apple's beta software updates, and today they're finally official. The Beats Studio Buds are available to order today in red, white, and black ahead of a June 24 ship date, and they're priced at $149.99.
The Studio Buds are the first Beats-branded earbuds to truly compete with AirPods...
YouTube is planning to stop supporting its YouTube app on the third-generation Apple TV models, where YouTube has long been available as a channel option.
A 9to5Mac reader received a message about the upcoming app discontinuation, which is set to take place in March.Starting early March, the YouTube app will no longer be available on Apple TV (3rd generation). You can still watch YouTube on...
Apple has teamed up with Maroon 5 to add the group's new song "Memories" to the Memories feature in the Photos app, allowing it to be used for photo slide show creations, reports Billboard.
"Memories" will be available as a soundtrack option for a limited time and it is available to iPhone and iPad users running the latest iOS 13 and iPadOS software.
Memories in the Photos app are created ...
Serif today announced across-the-board updates for its popular suite of Affinity creative apps, including Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, and the Apple award-winning Affinity Publisher for Mac, all of which were among the first professional creative suites to be optimized for Apple's new M1 chip.
"After another year which saw record numbers of people switching to Affinity, it's exciting to...
To commemorate the tenth anniversary of the iPhone, Apple marketing chief Phil Schiller sat down with tech journalist Steven Levy for a wide-ranging interview about the smartphone's past, present, and future.
The report first reflects upon the iPhone's lack of support for third-party apps in its first year. The argument inside Apple was split between whether the iPhone should be a closed...
The finish line is in sight! Apple's annual iPhone event is likely just a week or so away and all eyes will be on the company as it unveils the next version of its most popular product line. With any luck, we'll also see the next-generation Apple Watch and perhaps even some new AirPods.
Other news this week saw Apple making some more changes to its App Store policies in response to a...
August is rapidly drawing to close, which means Apple's annual iPhone launch event is right around the corner. iPhone 13 and Apple Watch Series 7 rumors are continuing to circulate, and we're also hearing about Mac updates likely coming a bit later.
Apple is also finishing up work on its upcoming software updates like iOS 15, with some late-addition features starting to go live in beta while ...
The iPhone 13 is widely expected to come with Wi-Fi 6E capabilities, and while it may seem rather nuanced to the average consumer, with only improved speeds and being "up to date" in the realm of Wi-Fi technology, it's actually a fairly significant improvement, laying the groundwork for much of what we know the future holds.
To truly understand Wi-Fi 6E, MacRumors sat down for an exclusive...