Apple iPad is (Almost) Here
Apple has updated
their website with a large banner declaring "iPad is Here". Apple has posted hands on videos
with several of the launch applications including The Elements
, Marvel Comics
, The Wall Street Journal
, At Bat 2010
and several more.
Today is iPad launch day. MacRumors forum readers awaiting their UPS shipments for the iPads are following this thread as they await delivery, while those actually going to a local retail store are meeting up with others.
We'll have coverage of the iPad launch, impressions and more as the day progresses.
While you Wait - Here are some Free apps to download to test out your new iPad
- Adobe Ideas for iPad - Adobe Ideas is your digital sketchbook, letting you capture and explore ideas anywhere you go.
- iBooks - iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books, designed exclusively for iPad.
- USA Today for iPad - The latest news stories, scores, weather and photos you've come to expect from USA TODAY are now available in a beautiful new way, on your iPad.
- ABC Player - Watch your most loved ABC shows for free on the ABC.com Full Episode Player for the iPad!
- AIM for iPad - AIM is redefining social networking add a location to your status, post to your favorite social networks or chat directly with your Facebook friends.
- NYT Editors' Choice - Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with the unique functionality and navigation of the iPad.
- Twitterific for iPad - Twitterrific is the friendly, award-winning Twitter client that's beautiful to look at, easy to use and full of elegant features.
- Harbor Master HD - Enjoy the best selling game Harbor Master on the beautiful big screen of the iPad.
- Smiles HD - SMILES HD is all new and redesigned for the iPad. It's based on SMILES, the award winning strategic puzzle and arcade matching-game.
- Labyrinth 2 HD Lite - The sequel to the original labyrinth game is available for your iPad, now with new levels fitted perfectly for the bigger screen.
There's just about a month to go until Apple holds its annual September event focusing on new iPhone and Apple Watch models. We thought we'd take a quick look at everything that's rumored for Apple's September event to give MacRumors readers a rundown on what to expect when the first fall event rolls around.
The iPhone 14 can probably be described more as an "iPhone 13S" because...
Earlier today, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claimed iPhone 14 Pro models will be more expensive than iPhone 13 Pro models. Kuo did not reveal exact pricing, but he said that the average selling price of all four iPhone 14 models will increase by about 15% overall.
While higher prices would be disappointing for customers, it is possible the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will offer increased...
Apple plans to increase the prices of iPhone 14 Pro models compared to iPhone 13 Pro models, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
Kuo did not reveal exact pricing for the iPhone 14 Pro models. However, in a tweet today, he estimated that the average selling price of the iPhone 14 lineup as a whole will increase by about 15% compared to the iPhone 13 lineup.
In the United States, the iPhone...
The launch of the new iPhone 14 is just a few weeks away, meaning millions of iPhone customers will soon upgrade their existing iPhone or perhaps get an iPhone for the first time. Exclusive MacRumors iPhone 14 Pro renders by graphic designer Ian Zelbo Whether upgrading from an older model or this is your first iPhone, we've rounded up a few tips to help you prepare for the next flagship...
Samsung this week launched its fourth-generation foldable devices, the $1,000 Galaxy Z Flip and the $1,800 Galaxy Z Fold. Though there's no sign of a comparable Apple foldable device on the horizon, rumors suggest prototypes are in the works, so we thought we'd take a look at Samsung's newest smartphones to see what Apple needs to measure up to when a foldable iPhone does come out.
It wouldn't be the month before an iPhone launch without a few back-and-forth rumors, with the latest debate concerning iPhone 14 Pro storage.
iPhone 14 Pro render by Ian Zelbo While research firm TrendForce forecasted that iPhone 14 Pro models could start with an increased 256GB of storage, Haitong International analyst Jeff Pu today forecasted that the upcoming Pro models will continue to...