Apple iPad is (Almost) Here
Apple has updated
their website with a large banner declaring "iPad is Here". Apple has posted hands on videos
with several of the launch applications including The Elements
, Marvel Comics
, The Wall Street Journal
, At Bat 2010
and several more.
Today is iPad launch day. MacRumors forum readers awaiting their UPS shipments for the iPads are following this thread as they await delivery, while those actually going to a local retail store are meeting up with others.
We'll have coverage of the iPad launch, impressions and more as the day progresses.
While you Wait - Here are some Free apps to download to test out your new iPad
- Adobe Ideas for iPad - Adobe Ideas is your digital sketchbook, letting you capture and explore ideas anywhere you go.
- iBooks - iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books, designed exclusively for iPad.
- USA Today for iPad - The latest news stories, scores, weather and photos you've come to expect from USA TODAY are now available in a beautiful new way, on your iPad.
- ABC Player - Watch your most loved ABC shows for free on the ABC.com Full Episode Player for the iPad!
- AIM for iPad - AIM is redefining social networking add a location to your status, post to your favorite social networks or chat directly with your Facebook friends.
- NYT Editors' Choice - Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with the unique functionality and navigation of the iPad.
- Twitterific for iPad - Twitterrific is the friendly, award-winning Twitter client that's beautiful to look at, easy to use and full of elegant features.
- Harbor Master HD - Enjoy the best selling game Harbor Master on the beautiful big screen of the iPad.
- Smiles HD - SMILES HD is all new and redesigned for the iPad. It's based on SMILES, the award winning strategic puzzle and arcade matching-game.
- Labyrinth 2 HD Lite - The sequel to the original labyrinth game is available for your iPad, now with new levels fitted perfectly for the bigger screen.
Apple is working on a number of new products that are set to launch this fall, and Bloomberg's Mark Gurman says that it will be "the widest array" of new devices that Apple has introduced in its history.
In his latest "Power On" newsletter, Gurman explains that Apple is working on four new flagship iPhones (iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Max, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max), an updated low-end Ma...
Three months after their launch, the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros continue to experience high demand and seemingly short supply, with shipping dates for both models stretching into multiple weeks in several of Apple's key markets.
In the United States, the baseline 14-inch MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro chip is estimated to ship in three to four weeks, promising an arrival by at least...
Dropbox today announced that users who update to macOS 12.3 once that software version becomes available may temporarily encounter issues with opening online-only files in some third-party apps on their Mac.
In a support document and an email to customers, Dropbox said it is actively working on full support for online-only files on macOS 12.3 and will begin rolling out an updated version of...
Apple has always emphasized the depth of thought that goes into the design of its products. In the foreword to Designed by Apple in California, a photo book released by the company in 2016, Jony Ive explains how Apple strives "to define objects that appear effortless" and "so simple, coherent and inevitable that there could be no rational alternative."
But every once in a while even Apple...
Apple today announced the Black Unity Braided Solo Loop for the Apple Watch, as well as a new downloadable watch face, to celebrate Black History Month. Following the launch of the limited edition Black Unity Apple Watch Series 6 and Sport Band in 2021, Apple today launched the Black Unity Braided Solo Loop as part of its celebrations for Black History Month this year.Apple is launching a...
AT&T today announced the launch of upgraded AT&T Fiber plans, which support speeds of up to 5 Gigabits for some customers. There are two separate plans, one "2 GIG" plan and one "5 GIG" plan, available to new and existing AT&T Fiber subscribers.
According to AT&T, the new plans are available to nearly 5.2 million customers across 70 metro areas including Los Angeles, Atlanta, Chicago, San...
Benchmark results have started to surface for MSI's new GE76 Raider, one of the first laptops to be powered by Intel's new 12th-generation Core i9 processor.
Intel previously said that its new high-end Core i9 processor is faster than Apple's M1 Max chip in the 16-inch MacBook Pro and, as noted by Macworld, early Geekbench 5 results do appear to confirm this claim, but there are several...
Apple today released iOS 15.3 and iPadOS 15.3, the third major updates to the iOS and iPadOS 15 operating systems that were released in September 2021. iOS and iPadOS 15.3 come almost two weeks after the release of iOS and iPadOS 15.2.1, minor bug fix updates.
The iOS 15.3 and iPadOS 15.3 updates can be downloaded for free and the software is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in ...