Apple's Beats brand in April unveiled the Powerbeats Pro, a redesigned wire-free version of its popular fitness-oriented Powerbeats earbuds.
Mac OS X 10.5.5 9F23 and New Safari 4 Seeded to Developers
The latest Mac OS X 10.5.5 seed came just days after the previous seed. Unlike the previous seed, this one had one known issue related to general searching of email messages in Mail.
Perhaps more interesting was that Apple released a new Safari 4.0 Developer Preview for Leopard, Windows and Tiger. Apple first gave developers a look at Safari 4.0 in June. Safari 4.0 incorporates many of the latest enhancements found in WebKit. The latest HTML 5 features supported, according to AppleInsider, are said to include:
- CSS support for masks, gradients, reflections, and specifying a named canvas.
- Rudimentary support for the WAI-ARIA (Rich Internet Application) and cross-site XMLHttpRequest specifications.
- the ability to send messages between documents
- storage of data either locally or just for the user's session
- the option of running web applications outside of a browser or when disconnected from the network
- canvas pixel manipulation