Garafa's GPSKit [$9.99, App Store] for iPhone provides you with more advanced GPS functionality and tracking for your iPhone.
- Dashboard - see real time information
- Tracks - save your path, view in Google Earth or Maps
- Waypoints - Save points of interest
While GPSKit's solution is $9.99, there are other applications on the App Store that provide portions of similar functionality:
- GPS Tracker [Free] - real-time tracking service
- Speed [Free] - real time speedometer
- PathTracker [$0.99] - real time stats, save your path, also for runners/bikers
- Speedster GPS [$0.99] - speed and altitude in real time
- gpsCompass [$1.99] - real time stats
- Distance Meter [$2.99] - distance tracker
- iTrail [$2.99] - distance and path tracker for runners/bikers
- RunKeeper [$9.99] - track running/biking paths and stats
All of these applications require an iPhone 3G with GPS for best performance. The makers of GPSKit provided this video demo of their app.