When you browse the web on your devices, websites will often leave cookies on your system so that they can remember you and what your preferences are.
Some cookies are genuinely useful, as they allow sites to save your personal information (such as your login credentials) so that you don't have to keep entering it every time you visit.
However, for the same reason, cookies can pose a privacy risk because of the information they hold about you, which is why you may want to remove them from your computer every so often.
How to Delete Cookies in Safari on iOS
Note that the following steps clear all history, cookies and website data on your device, regardless of when the sites were accessed.
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and select Safari.
- Scroll down and select Clear History and Website Data.
- Tap Clear History and Data in the pop-up menu to confirm.
How to Delete Cookies in Safari on macOS
- Launch Safari browser on your Mac.
- Select Safari -> Preferences....
- Click the Privacy tab and select Manage Website Data....
- Select a website that is listed as using cookies, then click Remove. To remove all website data from Safari, click Remove All.