When to Expect the Next iPhone SE to Launch

It has been over two years since Apple released the third-generation iPhone SE, and rumors continue to surface about a new model.

iphone se 4 modified flag edges
The latest word comes from The Information, which today reported that Apple plans to release a new iPhone SE with a design similar to the standard iPhone 14 in the spring of 2025. If this rumor is accurate, the iPhone SE would finally gain Face ID and a notch instead of Touch ID and a Home button, along with a larger 6.1-inch display. Other rumored features for the next iPhone SE include a USB-C port and an Action button.

The report said the new iPhone SE will remain a "cheaper" option in the iPhone lineup, as expected. The current iPhone SE starts at $429 in the U.S. with 64GB of storage, with other key features including a 4.7-inch display, A15 Bionic chip, 5G support, a single 12-megapixel rear camera, and a Lightning port.

Keep track of our iPhone SE roundup for the latest rumors.

Related Roundup: iPhone SE
Buyer's Guide: iPhone SE (Don't Buy)
Related Forum: iPhone

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
ios 18 button bulge

iOS 18 Adds Pop-Out Bezel Animation When Pressing iPhone Buttons

Tuesday June 11, 2024 10:40 am PDT by
iOS 18 includes a small but interesting change for the buttons on the iPhone, adding more of a visual element when changing volume, activating the Action button, or locking the screen. When you press an iPhone button in iOS 18, the display bezel bulges outward slightly. This feature is available for the volume buttons, Action button and the power button, and it will also likely be used for...
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by

B4U Avatar
4 weeks ago
Should have just use the 13 mini chassis with newer internal parts. ?
klasma Avatar
4 weeks ago

I really worry about it for my relatives -- they are in their late 80's and really struggle with "swipe" type things already.
Maybe look into Assistive Access mode. Unlocking happens with an on-screen button there:

And all screens have a Back button:

bousozoku Avatar
4 weeks ago
For those of us who are actually using an iPhone SE, keep it smaller and lighter. Keep it inexpensive. Leave the mmWave for the expensive phones because it doesn't really count in real life. Using a good backlit LCD would be better than using a crappy version of an OLED the way that Google does.
tmjdisorder Avatar
4 weeks ago
It seems unlikely that they would completely abandon TouchID, which is the only reliable biometric for children under 13, and the only secure biometric for people with identical twins, or relatives that match their FaceID(uncommon). If someone in my household has a fingerprint that matches mine, I can just use another finger, I can't use a different face.
PJNanook Avatar
4 weeks ago
Small phones are getting harder and harder to find. I just want an iPhone that fits in my front pocket and does communication and control of things like my sprinklers, outdoor lighting and security. While I do occasionally use it for music, I don't watch video. I have an iPad and a computer. Just give me a small phone. I too was waiting on the new SE but am find with my SE2 as long as the battery lasts.
Apple_Robert Avatar
4 weeks ago
Glad I talked my dad into going from a 2nd gen SE to an iPhone 15 pro last week. He was wanting to hold out for the new SE but, he has been happy with his new phone. I think Apple is missing a lot of sales to the older crowd (70+) by extending the time frame of releases with the SE.