Apple Maps Redesign Expands to Austria, Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Poland, and Slovenia
Apple today announced that its revamped Maps app is rolling out across Austria, Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Poland, and Slovenia. The new experience provides more detailed road coverage, better navigation, custom-designed 3D models of popular landmarks, Flyover, and more.
Maps can also help drivers in Austria, Czechia, Hungary, and Poland with certain electric vehicles plan trips that include appropriate stops for charging by analyzing elevation changes and other factors along a route. Meanwhile, transit riders in Austria, Croatia, Czechia, Hungary, Poland, and Slovenia can find nearby stations more easily and pin favorite lines. Riders will also receive notifications when it’s time to get off at their stop.
Look Around is also expanding to all of these countries starting today, offering high-resolution street-level imagery in the Maps app. The feature is similar to Google's Street View, but with smoother transitions when panning and zooming.
As noted by Apple Maps expert Juston O'Beirne, this is the eighteenth time that Apple has expanded its new map data since its public launch in September 2018. It has expanded to the U.K., Ireland, Canada, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, France, Germany, and select other countries and territories.
Top Rated Comments
This was the case 10 years ago. It's still the case.
Maybe in another 10-20 years I'll check back to see if they've made it useable, good luck to Apple with that!
I love that you can delete the app from your iPhone though, best feature.
Apple need a change of mindset when it comes to services as they all pale in comparison to the competition.
- in middle and eastern Europe it is useless
- 90% of POIs missing in comparison to Google Maps
- road updates are 2-3 years behind
- I really tried to use it and sent tons of corrections and updates, it takes months, till it is added, if at all
- constructions and road work missing most of the time, if I use the reporting, next day they are gone again
- missing reviews of places
- can delete the app at least, but no chance to set anything else as default, only if you change the basic apps as well
- still no speed limit and actual speed, missing in Google Maps for Hungary as well, though in the Android version it has been added years before
- it tries to search for anything in the most stupid way, like baryon wrote, results from China, searching for a street and the first result is 200 km away, though the street exists in my city as well