Useful Mac Accessories Worth Checking Out
If you recently picked up a new Mac such as the Mac Studio, you may be in search of useful accessories to go along with it. In our latest YouTube video, we have once again rounded up some excellent Mac accessories that we think are worth checking out.
- DockCase SSD Enclosure ($99) - The DockCase SSD Enclosure, as the name suggests, is a simple enclosure designed for an SSD. It has a small LCD that displays information about your SSD like SSD health, and DockCase says that it has built-in power loss protection and heat dissipation features. It supports M.2 NVMe SSDs.
- Twelve South MagicBridge ($50) - The Twelve South MagicBridge is designed to turn the Magic Keyboard and the Magic Trackpad 2 into a single control surface for a tidier workspace. It keeps the trackpad and the keyboard from sliding apart, with the trackpad able to be positioned on the left or the right.
- OWC miniStack STX (Starting at $279) - The miniStack from OWC is an add-on accessory that's designed for the Mac mini. It adds up to 18TB of extra HDD and SSD storage space, and you can buy your own storage or purchase a model with storage already built in. It includes a universal SATA HDD/SSD bay AND an NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD slot, and OWC says it is the first Thunderbolt certified Thunderbolt 4 storage solution.
- Vissles LP85 Mechanical Keyboard ($119) - This ultra-thin mechanical keyboard from Vissles matches well with Apple's devices and according to Vissles, it is the world's thinnest optical-mechanical keyboard. If you like the feel of a mechanical keyboard but don't like the bulk, this may be worth checking out.
- Keychron K4 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard($69) - If you're looking for a more traditional mechanical keyboard that's also more affordable, the Keychron K4 has an excellent key feel with Gateron switches and 15 types of RGB backlighting. It's also affordable at pricing that starts at $69.
- VIVO Adjustable Under Desk Mounting Platform ($55) - If you use your Mac in clamshell mode, this adjustable mounting platform from VIVO is worth checking out because it installs right under your desk and keeps your laptop out of sight and out of the way, freeing up desktop space. You can also use this as a pull out option for your laptop or other products.
- OXO Good Grips Laptop Cleaner ($12) - The OXO Good Grips Sweep & Swipe Laptop Cleaner is an ideal solution to keep your laptop from getting grimy. One side of the OXO is designed to clean fingerprints and smudges from your display, while the soft brush sweeps dirt and crumbs away from your keyboard. The brush retracts and there's a cover for the end to keep it from getting dirty when not in use.
- Satechi Pro Hub Max ($99) - The Pro Hub Max from Satechi is designed to work with Apple's modern Mac models. It plugs into two USB-C ports on the side, adding additional ports for you to use. It features a USB-C PD port, 4K HDMI output, Gigabit Ethernet, USB-C data, USB-A data, micro/SD card readers, and an audio jack port.
Do you have favorite Mac accessories you want to recommend to other MacRumors readers? Let us know in the comments below.
Apple's next device with an Apple silicon chip may not be a Mac or an iPad, but rather an advanced external display, according to recent reports.
The display, which is rumored to arrive this year, is expected to sit somewhere between the $1,599 Studio Display and the $4,999 Pro Display XDR – but more exact information about the device's positioning and price point is as yet unknown. While ...
Apple has previously announced several upcoming iOS features that are expected to be added to the iPhone this year. Some of the features could be introduced with iOS 16.4, which should enter beta testing soon, while others will arrive later in the year.
Below, we have recapped five new iOS features that are expected to launch in 2023, such as an Apple Pay Later financing option for purchases ...
Apple's VP of hardware engineering Matthew Costello and product marketing employee Alice Chan recently spoke with Men's Journal and TechCrunch about the new second-generation HomePod in wide-ranging interviews about the smart speaker.
Apple discontinued the original full-size HomePod in March 2021 after multiple reports indicated that sales of the speaker were lackluster, but Chan told Men's ...
Apple appears to be preparing an iOS 16.3.1 update for the iPhone, based on evidence of the software in our website's analytics logs this week. It's unclear when the update will be released, but it will likely be available at some point in February.
The same logs have accurately foreshadowed the release of several previous updates, including iOS 16.0.3 and iOS 16.1.1 most recently, so they...
AirTags may be a convenient way for tracking dogs that might get off leash or otherwise lost, but there are dangers associated with the practice, as outlined by a report from The Wall Street Journal.
At 1.26 inches in diameter, AirTags are able to fit easily on a dog's collar, but that size also makes the tracking devices small enough to swallow, at least for a medium to large-sized dog, and ...
When the original HomePod launched in 2018, it was discovered that the speaker can leave white rings on some wooden surfaces. Now, well-known YouTuber Marques Brownlee has confirmed that the issue persists to a lesser extent with the new HomePod.
In a side-by-side test, he showed that the white second-generation HomePod left a white ring on the wooden surface that he placed the speaker on,...
In June 2022, Apple previewed the next generation of CarPlay, promising deeper integration with vehicle functions like A/C and FM radio, support for multiple displays across the dashboard, personalization options, and more.
Apple says the first vehicles with support for the next-generation CarPlay experience will be announced in late 2023, with committed automakers including Acura, Audi,...
It's been more than a week since Apple released the iOS 16.3 update, and typically, new iOS betas follow launches within a day or so. We were expecting Apple to provide the first beta iOS 16.4 on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this week, but that hasn't happened.
Tuesdays are the days that we most often see betas, though Monday and Wednesday happen now and then, and most often betas come...