New Apple Products Filed in Regulatory Database, Likely Including New iPhone SE and iPad Air

Apple today filed unreleased iPhone and iPad models in the Eurasian Economic Commission database, as spotted by French blog Consomac.

iPad Air Feature 2 green
The filings likely represent the rumored third-generation iPhone SE, fifth-generation iPad Air, and potentially more. The unreleased iPhone models have the identifiers A2595, A2783, and A2784, while the unreleased iPad models have the identifiers A2588, A2589, A2591, A2696, A2757, A2759, A2761, A2766, and A2777.

eec jan 2022
Eurasian Economic Commission filings like these have foreshadowed the release of new Apple products on numerous occasions over the years, including several Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPad Pro, Apple Watch, and AirPods models. The filings are legally required for any devices that offer encryption sold in Russia and select other countries.

The third-generation iPhone SE is expected to have the same design as the current iPhone SE, including a 4.7-inch display. Key new features rumored for the device include the same A15 Bionic chip as iPhone 13 models and 5G support.

The fifth-generation iPad Air is expected to adopt features from the sixth-generation iPad mini, including an A15 Bionic chip, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage support, 5G for cellular models, and Quad-LED True Tone flash.

Related Roundups: iPad Air , iPhone SE
Related Forums: iPad, iPhone

SFjohn Avatar

iPad Air doesn't need to exist. Change my mind.
Basically it’s an 11” screen, 256Gb of storage is enough for me, has Touch ID, and an LED screen that’s not mini, it’s cheaper than the Pros. I love mine & would hate the mini LEDs in the Pros because I use black mode and Pros are a blooming mess. I use mine for all my web browsing including this site typing onscreen. I research things that interest me, use the books or kindle app in landscape (2 pages on each screen) to read science fiction novels, buy stuff, pay bills, check the weather. I’m getting on in years an I need large type so the larger screen is needed & the price is right. It’s light enough to hold in one hand. I use this device more than any other in my home, it’s perfect for me. I’d be super pissed off at Apple if I’d been forced into buying an iPad Pro. At night the speakers are great for my white noise app that I sleep to, to shush the busy street and train noise. I could go on, but if you don’t think this product should exist, neither I nor Apple agree with you.
satchmo Avatar
My iPad Air 4 has been nothing but solid these past 18 months or so.

Not sure there's anything in Air 5 that would make me upgrade. Centre stage is nice, but not essential.
TheYayAreaLiving ?️ Avatar
Curious to know what the new flagship color Apple is going to introduce for the iPhone. Last year was purple.
TheYayAreaLiving ?️ Avatar

What if it's purple again? ?. I think Yellow might be the new color or maybe Orange.
I don’t think Apple will introduce the same color for the iPhone SE as last year.

I agree with you. Deep colors like Orange or even bronze would be nice.
_Spinn_ Avatar
Sounds like the rumors for the new SE and iPad Air are true. Can’t wait to see what they are when Apple announces them.
dantracht Avatar
Sold my air because I love the mini 6 so much. Here’s hoping it at least catches up.