TrendForce: iPhone 13 Lineup Will Remain Limited to Maximum 512GB of Storage
Apple will likely unveil its next-generation "iPhone 12s" or "iPhone 13" lineup in around two and a half months from now, and ahead of time, Taiwanese research firm TrendForce has outlined its expectations for the devices.
A summary of TrendForce's expectations:
- Apple will unveil four new iPhones in September, including a mini model, a standard model, and two Pro models. September is the usual month for Apple to unveil new iPhones, but the iPhone 12 lineup was announced in October last year due to reported COVID-19-related production delays.
- The new iPhones will have a smaller notch above the display, but will otherwise have a similar outward design as iPhone 12 models.
- The devices will be powered by Apple's next-generation A15 chip manufactured based on TSMC's 5nm+ process.
- All four iPhones will be equipped with OLED displays, while the two Pro models will also feature a 120Hz refresh rate for smoother content.
- The new iPhones will have the same storage capacity options as their iPhone 12 counterparts. iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 models are available with 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB of storage, while 12 Pro models have a 512GB option.
- The rear camera system on all four iPhones will be equipped with sensor-shift image stabilization, a feature that is currently exclusive to the iPhone 12 Pro Max. For the new Pro models, the Ultra Wide lens will gain autofocus.
- The LiDAR Scanner will remain limited to the Pro models.
With the pandemic showing signs of easing in the United States and Europe, TrendForce forecasted that annual iPhone production for 2021 will grow by around 12.3% on a year-over-year basis to 223 million units. The research firm believes the "iPhone 12s" lineup will account for nearly 40% of that total production volume.
Apple changed the strategy for iOS 17 later in its development process to add several new features, suggesting that the update may be more significant than previously thought, Bloomberg's Mark Gurman reports.
In January, Gurman said that iOS 17 could be a less significant update than iPhone updates in previous years due to the company's intense focus on its long-awaited mixed-reality...
Following nearly six weeks of beta testing, iOS 16.4 is expected to be released to the public as soon as this week. The software update includes a handful of new features and changes for the iPhone 8 and newer. To install an iOS update, open the Settings app on the iPhone, tap General → Software Update, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Below, we have recapped eight new features and...
Some Apple employees are concerned about the usefulness and price point of the company's upcoming mixed-reality headset, The New York Times reports.
Apple headset concept by David Lewis and Marcus Kane Initial enthusiasm around the device at the company has apparently become skepticism, according to eight current and former Apple employees speaking to The New York Times. The change of tone...
Apple today released iOS 16.4, the fourth major update to the iOS 16 operating system that initially came out last September. iOS 16.4 comes two months after the launch of iOS 16.3, an update that added Security Keys for Apple ID.
iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 can be downloaded on eligible iPhones and iPads over-the-air by going to Settings > General > Software Update. It can take a few minutes...
Apple showcased its mixed-reality headset to the company's top 100 executives in the Steve Jobs Theater last week, according to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.
In the latest edition of his "Power On" newsletter, Gurman explained that the "momentous gathering" is a "key milestone" ahead of the headset's public announcement planned for June. The event was intended to rally Apple's top members of...
We're still almost six months away from the official unveiling of the iPhone 15 lineup, but it seems like every day we're learning more about what to expect from the next-generation models. Notably, this week gave us our clearest look yet at what appear to be some changes for the volume and mute control hardware.
iOS 16.4 and associated releases are also right around the corner with some new ...
Apple today released tvOS 16.4, the fourth major point update to the tvOS 16 operating system that came out last September. Available for the Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, tvOS 16.4 comes two months following the release of tvOS 16.3.
The tvOS 16.4 update can be downloaded over the air through the Settings app on the Apple TV by going to System > Software Update....
Top Rated Comments