Watch: iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro Unboxing Videos and First Impressions

Apple's embargo has lifted for iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro reviews. In addition to our detailed review roundups for each device, we've rounded up over a dozen unboxing videos and first impressions below.

iphone blue colors

iPhone 12 in Blue on left and iPhone 12 Pro in Pacific Blue on right via Engadget

Key new features of the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro include a flat-edge design, 5G support, a much faster A14 Bionic chip, improved cameras, more durable Ceramic Shield front glass, and new MagSafe accessories that attach magnetically to the back of the devices. Both devices feature OLED displays with a notch for Face ID.

iPhone 12 Pro models take the camera upgrades even further with a LiDAR Scanner for Night Mode portraits, support for Apple's new ProRAW image format, and Dolby Vision HDR video recording up to 60 FPS, compared to 30 FPS on iPhone 12.

Videos

iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro pre-orders began last week, and the devices will be available starting this Friday. iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max pre-orders begin Friday, November 6.

Related Forum: iPhone

iOS 18 CarPlay Feature

iOS 18 Adds These 5 New Features to CarPlay

Thursday June 13, 2024 7:44 am PDT by
ios 18 button bulge

iOS 18 Adds Pop-Out Bezel Animation When Pressing iPhone Buttons

Tuesday June 11, 2024 10:40 am PDT by
iOS 18 includes a small but interesting change for the buttons on the iPhone, adding more of a visual element when changing volume, activating the Action button, or locking the screen. When you press an iPhone button in iOS 18, the display bezel bulges outward slightly. This feature is available for the volume buttons, Action button and the power button, and it will also likely be used for...
maxresdefault

First Look at Messages via Satellite in iOS 18

Thursday June 13, 2024 11:29 am PDT by
iOS 18 Wallet Feature

Here's What's New in Apple Wallet on iOS 18 for Event Tickets and More

Friday June 14, 2024 7:32 am PDT by

travelsheep Avatar
Not gonna lie.. scrolling down over all those super intense "watch me watch me watch me" thumbnails of influencer videos made me sick. I think MKBHD is all I can take right now, then I'll need an Aspirin and a hot bath.
AngerDanger Avatar
Every time I see the iPhone 12 in blue, I realize how much more I prefer the Pro's blue.

The 12's is dark but over-saturated and always looks like plastic somehow.

EDIT: Ha, love how the first three comments are about the color blue.
Michael Scrip Avatar
I'm not sure the wallet is gonna be secure enough... :oops:

[MEDIA=imgur]jdMz0M8[/MEDIA]
Deinocheirus Avatar

Being a YouTuber has to be the best job in the world, get tech for free and before the public and make loads of money
And contribute nothing of value to the world. It’s quite something.
Vance9991 Avatar
After seeing the color in videos and pictures, I can say that I'm very happy with my Pacific Blue pre order.
Kylo83 Avatar