Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeing the first 10.13.6 beta.

The new macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 beta can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store with the proper profile installed.

macos hs beta
We don't yet know what improvements the sixth update to macOS High Sierra will bring, but it likely focuses on bug fixes and performance improvements for issues that were not able to be addressed in macOS High Sierra 10.13.5.

No feature changes were discovered in the first macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 beta, but we'll update this post if new features or notable bug fixes are discovered in the second.

Work on macOS High Sierra is wrapping up, with Apple now shifting focus to the next-generation version of macOS, macOS 10.14, which was unveiled at the Worldwide Developers Conference last week.

Related Forum: macOS High Sierra

Guy Clark Avatar
haha I was so exited that I actually thought or saw that it was Mojave 2nd beta to developers, when I look at the title again I was so disappointed lol
It is better that Apple continue to concentrate on High Sierra as many Macs will not be compatible with Mojave.
lec0rsaire Avatar
I agree. There are many people with very capable 2010 and 2011 machines that have been upgraded and continue to perform well. High Sierra is the only option for these machines to have security updates for the next 3 years or so. It will not be a bad version to stay on since it still has 32-but support and those with older machines definitely have a lot of this stuff. It is possible that they even make a .7 release as the final.
kissmo Avatar
:))

Yeah me too.
But if you remember previous years, Apple tends to release DPs on a bi-weekly basis. In general.... Of course sometimes it took 3-4 weeks between releases as you get closer to the end.
I would actually expect the DP2 next week (usually they release DP2 1 week after the WWDC is over).

High Sierra is sooooo out of fashion :P
Guy Clark Avatar
I know. They’ve tended to stop at .6. Snow Leopard went to .8 but that was back when they weren’t on a yearly release cycle like they are now. It guess it depends on how good 10.13.6 turns out. The difference with El Capitan and Sierra is that this is the last release that fully supports OpenGL, OpenCL and 32-bit apps. While they probably don’t give a damn you never know.

I’m really looking forward to Mojave. If I had a second Mac I would’ve already installed the beta but I really don’t want to waste time restoring High Sierra in case the beta breaks something I need.
On my late 2015 21.5" 4k iMac I have installed Mojave to an external USB 3.0 partition and it is something else. It is unfortunate that not everyone will get to enjoy it.
tywebb13 Avatar
Build number is 17G39b
flyinmac Avatar
My Early-2009 is stuck on El Capitan. I really need to move on.
Early 2009 what??? (as in what is your machine?)

My Early 2009 iMac is running High Sierra just fine (10.13.5). With the usual hacks anyway. But, it works great.

My 2006 Mac Pro 1,1 is stuck on El Capitan.

You could probably bring your machine up to High Sierra if you wanted.