With the release of OS X Yosemite today, Apple has updated its iWork suite of productivity apps on both Mac and iOS with support for the new version of OS X and Continuity, which allows users to continue their work from their iOS devices to Macs and back again.

Screen Shot 2014-10-16 at 2.39.52 PM
iWork for Mac received the biggest improvements, with all new looks for Pages, Keynote and Numbers inspired by the look of OS X Yosemite. iWork for iOS received support for third-party storage providers, allowing users to save their documents with providers like Dropbox. Both versions of iWork received numerous improvements and refinements, like updated file formats for easier sharing through Gmail and Dropbox, customizable alignments and much more.

Apple's line of iWork apps are free to users who have recently purchased a new Mac or iOS device. Otherwise, each iWork app for Mac is available for $19.99 while each iWork app for iOS is available for $9.99.

Pages for Mac - [Mac App Store]
Keynote for Mac - [Mac App Store]
Numbers for Mac - [Mac App Store]

Pages for iOS - [App Store]
Keynote for iOS - [App Store]
Numbers for iOS - [App Store]

IJ Reilly Avatar
Some of us aren't interested in an "all new look" for iWork. What we want is all the old features.
newagemac Avatar
I deleted the new version the moment I saw what they'd done to it. Too many lost features that are critical to my workflow.

----------

Linkage?

The iWork apps have been getting continuous updates since they were first released. I find them much easier to use than the old versions and the killer feature is the fact that I can view or work on my documents on my mobile devices without worrying that it's going to mess up my file because there is full feature parity across different devices and on the web version. The web version parity was particular important for us because some of us aren't on Macs.

As a power user, I could never go back to the old iWork apps now. Particularly because the ability to share and work on documents in real time with other people was nonexistent in the old apps. I can even edit on my iPhone while my coworker is editing in iCloud.com on her Windows PC. In real time. And that's just one of the new features the old versions never had.

Of course you wouldn't know all that since you said you deleted them the moment you saw them. :rolleyes:
sracer Avatar

As a power user, how do you work around the fact that the latest version of Pages does NOT support linked text boxes? :confused: I genuinely would like to know. I'm NOT a power user and that omission alone makes the new version of Pages a non-starter and why I must stick with iWork '09. :(
jamesarm97 Avatar

Funny. I still keep the '09 copy for this reason. Apple dumbed down iWork so much it made it difficult for me to use on the simplest things. I find '09 version so much more powerful and useful. The new version makes you jump around hoops to do certain things and I find it very limiting.
Dekema2 Avatar

And I agree with this too.
jtrauscht Avatar
They ought to provide Pages for free since the last version was unusable.