Apple today seeded Mavericks 10.9.5 build 13F31 to developers, just over a week after seeding the fifth OS X 10.9.5 beta, build 13F24, and more than a month after releasing OS X 10.9.4 to the public.

The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Developer Center.

10_9_5_13f31
It is unclear what improvements the 10.9.5 update will bring to Mavericks, but it is likely to include bug fixes and stability enhancements. Apple is asking developers to focus on USB, USB Smart Cards, Graphics, Safari, and Thunderbolt.

Along with working on improvements to Mavericks, Apple is also beta testing OS X Yosemite, which is due to be released in the fall. The last Mavericks update, 10.9.4, added several Wi-Fi fixes and improved wake from sleep reliability.

Parasprite Avatar
Too be honest, who cares about Mavericks anymore? lol Yosemite is just around the corner :D
It's generally good practice to wait before installing a .0 release (preferably until .1) in case there are major bugs that effect your workflow, and to make sure your software is compatible.

...fortunately, I'm impulsive and prefer to live dangerously. :cool:
cjmillsnun Avatar
Yosemite is a toy!

That's a stupid comment to make. In terms of back end features and security, Yosemite is as good, if not better than Mavericks. You may not like the UI, but that doesn't make it a toy.

Windows OTOH :eek:
iBug2 Avatar
My ignorance to what, the dinosaurs that think osx 5 years ago was better than now?

It isn't. I've been using OS X since System 6 and Mavericks is the best release so far. The only release that wasn't that impressive was Lion.
loby Avatar
I welcome any updates to Mavericks, for as others have said a new OS X stills has bugs. For those who use OS X for business, we need a stable version for production. Too risky to update right away. I was an early beta tester for Yosemite and was not impressed with it, so I will not update quickly and will wait until it grows on me.

I would like to ask Apple if I could, "Why the need to change the OS X every year?".
coolfactor Avatar
I hope they have fixed Mavericks's 'Sleep/wake crash'. Very annoying.

You'll need to be more specific. Doesn't happen on any of my Macs.

----------

Yosemite just feels too alien to me to be a true Mac OS. I'm running a fresh install of Public Beta on a 2012 MacBook Pro and the "feel" just isn't right. Not even close to the finely-tuned feel of Mavericks and previous incarnations. I think it takes things too far. I just hope they continue to refine the UI to get back the original Mac feel.

And that darn smiling Finder icon needs to go! Bring back to more subtle smile. It communicates a very different emotion/attitude. I don't want to be using a child's toy.
crashoverride77 Avatar
3-4 years...? Where did you get that idea anyway...? The longest OS X iterations has been 10.4 Tiger for 30 months before Leopard came out (and if you failed math, 30 months is LESS than 3 years)... And Tiger happened to be one of the most stable OS X releases to date with 11 maintenance releases.

And since you've come from the Windows :rolleyes: world I bet you have not used anything before Mavericks or even before Lion...? It's sad that recent Apple efforts have only attracted Windows users like you to OS X just to heap praises around how superior Mavericks is to Windows. Well let me tell you something - every OS X releases prior to Lion is way much better than what you think you now have. Useless features like Full Screen crap and Window Resizing from every other corner is just another Windows-copied-over features, which I think don't even qualify as features.

IMO the last major features ever introduced by Apple enough to wow the crowd would probably be Leopard. Snow Leopard, though without major features, was the high point release that some people here are still using - stability and efficiency. Anything beyond that are craps just to lure Windows losers over for a bigger market share.

Right now I find more tiny bugs on Mavericks than in Snow Leopard. Granted Mavericks will only have 5 maintenance releases with the upcoming 10.9.5 soon, compared to Snow Leopard with 8. If Mavericks is to be given a chance for 8, it would have been equal if not coming close to the latter's performance and stability.

This is something that you WILL NOT understand... :rolleyes:
Apparently you did not read the whole thread. I responded to people that made the suggestion osx should only be released every 3-4 years, I never said they actually used to do that.
You also said anything beyond snow leopard was crap, are you serious or just making stuff up as up you go. Continuity alone is better than anything apple has done with osx over the last few years.
Mavericks was/is awesome just for all the power management stuff. You also mentioned performance, something that osx lost along the way and didn't come back until mavericks.
You are deusional to say osx was better before lion than it is now, I mean seriously. Maybe you should use specific example instead of just making stupid comments like a 12 year old.
Also I have used osx since lion, but apparently you know everything.
People like you is something that I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND