iPhone 5 Now Available for Pre-Order

iphone52
Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint and Apple are now accepting pre-orders for the iPhone 5. U.S. customers can order on Verizon, AT&T or Sprint. Pricing may vary with your upgrade eligibility. Standard prices with 2 years contract are $199 (16GB), $299 (32GB), and $399 (64GB). The iPhone 5 comes in white or black.

Delivery for pre-orders is expected on September 21st. Alternatively, customers will be able to purchase at retail locations on that same date.

Update 12:26 AM: Users are reporting that Apple's site is extremely slow, and even still down for many users. Customers seem to be having more success using the Apple Store app for iOS, although users needing to change carriers can not take advantage of the app. Orders through carrier websites also seem to be moving fairly smoothly in the United States.

Update 12:32 AM: Apple appears to be having difficulties connecting to carrier servers to verify customer information, and is in some cases issuing reservation confirmations. Users with reservations will receive emails once connections to carrier systems have been reestablished, and they will have 24 hours from that point to return to Apple.com and complete their orders.

hslightnin Avatar
go through the app. was a breeze
ElTee Avatar
Apple Store app opened 2 minutes early!
Blue Fox Avatar
Come on Apple!! It's already 12:07!!!!

EDIT: Ordered

FYI for anyone not able to edit your DAMN shipping address.......Apple gets it from AT&T (for me anyway). Change your shipping address through AT&T, and all will be well with the world.
cosmic68 Avatar
Yeah baby!

Got mine in 15 seconds off Apple Store app. Phew.

Good luck, peeps.
TC25 Avatar
Yes, all orders must progress in lock step through every stage. :rolleyes:

1. The site isn't up yet.
2. The site it up, but won't accept my order.
3. I got my order in!
4. I didn't get my email yet.
5. My order has been in Received state too long.
6. My order has been in Processing too long.
7. My order has been in Preparing for Shipment too long
8. My order has been in Shipped too long.
9. My shipper hasn't updated my status.
10. My shipment has been stuck in [fill in blank] for too long.
11. I won't be home, what do I do?
12. It shows delivered, but they didn't leave it!
13. My iPhone has a microscopic mark I can see if I hold it at this angle, should I send it back?
14. My phone wont activate.
15. What features will the iPhone6 have?

Each stage results in new threads. The posts by the more mature MR members are filled with profanity, because when Apple or the carriers read them, they know the poster is serious and moves their order to the top of whatever queue it is in.
beaker7 Avatar
What the hell why hasnt it shipped yet