On the market for an iPhone? Here's a breakdown of all the currently shipping iPhones from Apple.
Mac Pro Now Available
Final Cut Pro X Tidbits: Software Add-Ons, Graphics Card Requirements, Supported Cameras
With Apple having released Final Cut Pro X and associated Motion and Compressor versions today, more details are starting to come out.
We previously pointed to Macworld's "First Look" feature that outlines many of the new functionalities in Final Cut Pro X, and a full review from Macworld is set to be posted soon. Other users who were given early access to Final Cut Pro X have also been speaking out to fill in some of the blanks now that they can speak publicly about the release.
While Apple is offering Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, and Compressor 4 through the Mac App Store, where they have quickly become the top grossing applications, the company has also pushed out some ancillary updates via Software Update for users who have already installed the core applications. Among the add-ons:
- Final Cut Pro X Content (637.5 MB):
- Sound Effects: Over 1300 rights-free sound effects installed into the Audio Browser of Final Cut Pro X.- Motion 5 Content (1.15 GB)
- Audio Effect Presets: Additional preset effects for the Space Designer plug-in.
- Motion Templates: A variety of professionally-designed, customizable templates.- ProApps QuickTime Codecs (1.2 MB):
- Motion Library Content: Animated vector graphics, backgrounds, template media, sample Motion projects, and royalty-free still images.
- Motion Sample Media: Clips and images for use with Motion Help examples and tutorials.
This update adds the following video codecs for use by QuickTime-based applications:Apple has also released details on graphics card requirements for Final Cut Pro X, noting that at least 256 MB of VRAM on an OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later integrated graphics package are required. The support document also lists a number of graphics cards and their corresponding machines that are not compatible with the release.
- Apple Intermediate Codec
- Apple ProRes
- DVCPRO HD
- XDCAM HD / EX / HD422
- MPEG IMX
- Uncompressed 4:2:2
Finally, Apple has also published a database of cameras that are supported on Final Cut Pro X. In addition to a wide variety of still cameras and camcorders, the iPhone 3GS/4, iPad 2, and fourth-generation iPod touch are also supported.
Update: Apple has also posted online user manuals for Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, and Compressor 4.