"Hey Siri" support and possibly wireless charging case alongside AirPower charging mat.
AirPods and AirPower: Everything We Know
Apple and AT&T Preparing for iPhone 3.0 Launch
- The new MobileMe Find My iPhone feature has been live this past week.
- Push Notification support is beginning to appear in the App Store. Tap Tap Revenge [App Store] specifically has been updated to provide push notifications.
- The iPhone 3G S Firmware 3.0 has already appeared on Apple's servers. This firmware is specifically for the new iPhone 3G S (iPhone2,1) so is not recommended to be installed on older iPhones.
- AT&T has posted a FAQ (PDF) about the iPhone 3G S and comments on MMS and tethering:
Later this summer, as part of the 3.0 software, AT&T will make multimedia messaging (MMS) available at no extra cost to customers with a text messaging bundle. And, in the future, AT&T will offer tethering capability for iPhone 3G S and iPhone 3G.
- The iPhone 3.0 re-download charging message has been removed and was a bug according to AppAdvice. Re-downloading apps in 3.0 should be the same as the current firmware ( which means free).
- A couple of YouTube videos have appeared walking through the features of the new iPhone 3.0 operating system. Video 1, Video 2.
The iPhone 3.0 firmware is officially launching on June 17th.