Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update
Apple released the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update today through Software Update:
The 10.4.11 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Tiger and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. This update also includes Safari 3, the latest version of Apple's web browser.
Apple details the improvements in a support document. Improvements include:
- Includes Safari 3
- Adds RAW image decoding support for the following cameras: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50, Leica V-Lux 1, Olympus E-400, Olympus EVOLT E410, Olympus EVOLT E510, Canon EOS 40D
- Improves compatibility when using OpenType fonts in QuarkExpress
- Improves reliability when running VMWARE's Fusion
- Improves support for using Image Capture to import pictures taken on your iPhone
- Improves syncing between iPhone and Yahoo! address books
- Addresses an issue copying files from a Mac OS 9 AFP sharepoint
- Improved reliability advertising an AFP sharepoint over Bonjour
- Addresses an issue which could prevent the use of port mapping when sharing your Mac's internet connection
- Improves reliability when trying to authenticate to an AFP share using Kerberos
- Improves compatibility with third-party wireless wide-area network devices
- Improves reliability when mounting external USB hard drives.
- Adds support for Microsoft Presenter Mouse 8000
- Addresses an issue in which selecting two rows of album art within the iTunes artwork Screen Saver may cause System Preferences to unexpectedly quit
- Includes updated Daylight Saving Time information for customers in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States state of Indiana
- Allows the use of the special keys on aluminum Apple Keyboards to control Aperture slideshows
- Addresses an issue in which help content for some applications may be displayed in English when using the computer in another Mac OS X language
- Addresses issues with certain Apple Dashboard widgets: Unit Converter, Calculator, Stocks
Apple also incorporated a number of security updates.
iOS 16 will include new ways of interacting with the system and some "fresh Apple apps," Bloomberg's Mark Gurman has said, offering some more detail on what Apple has in store for the upcoming release of iOS and iPadOS set to be announced in a few weeks at WWDC. In the latest edition of his Power On newsletter, Gurman wrote that while iOS 16 is not likely to introduce a major face-lift to...
YouTuber Unbox Therapy has shared a hands-on look at the iPhone 14 Pro Max using what he claims is a one-to-one replica created by third-party case makers with access to detailed schematics and dimensions for Apple's new upcoming flagship smartphone.
As with the iPhone 13 Pro lineup, in 2022, we are expecting a 6.1-inch iPhone 14 Pro and a 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Pro Max, but this time the Pro...
Apple earlier this week announced the discontinuation of the iPod touch, and because it was the last iPod still available for purchase, its sunsetting effectively marks the end of the entire iPod lineup.
To send the iPod on its way, we thought it would be fun to take a look back at some of the most notable iPod releases over the last 21 years.
Original iPod (2001)
Introduced in October...
Apple today released macOS Monterey 12.4, the fourth major update to the macOS Monterey operating system that launched in October 2021. macOS Monterey 12.4 comes over two months after the launch of macOS Monterey 12.3, an update that added Universal Control.
The macOS Monterey 12.4 update can be downloaded on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System...
Apple today released iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5, the fifth major updates to the iOS and iPadOS 15 operating systems that were initially released in September 2021. iOS and iPadOS 15.5 come a little over two months after the launch of iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4.
The iOS 15.5 and iPadOS 15.5 updates can be downloaded for free and the software is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in...
Earlier this week, well-known Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claimed that Apple plans to release at least one iPhone 15 model with a USB-C port in 2023. Now, in a follow-up tweet, he has claimed that accessories like AirPods, the MagSafe Battery Pack, and the Magic Keyboard/Mouse/Trackpad trio would also switch to USB-C in the "foreseeable future."
Both the iPhone and all of the aforementioned...
Apple today released tvOS 15.5, the fifth major update to the tvOS operating system that first launched in September 2021. tvOS 15.5 comes more than two months after the release of tvOS 15.4, an update that brought support for captive WiFi networks.
tvOS 15.5 can be downloaded over the air on the Apple TV through the Settings app by going to System > Software Update. Apple...