Some supposed screenshots of OS 10.5 Leopard are gaining some traction on the Mac web. Originally posted on this Blogger blog, the screenshots depict the following features:
- Mac OSX ability to run Windows programs natively (with Windows installed). Beta of IE 7 for Windows depicted.
- A refined metal interface (iTunes 5+) for Finder (with tabs)
- Multiple Desktops, with "peephole" switching effect
- iCal icon change, or integration with Address Book?
There is, of course the debate about whether or not the screenshots are real. Some of the valid points for each side are:
- The screen switching effect only applies to the desktop windows and icons, and does not effect the menubar or dock.
- The Internet Explorer window does not have a shadow on the right-hand side like other application windows do.
- Typically under-development software will list OS versions with the build. The screenshots only say "Version 10.5."
Raw Data: The screenshots have been mirrored on our servers here and here.
Update: Forum user Mac Freak points out that the one "real" point can be achieved by setting the desktop picture.
Update 2: The poster has admitted that the screenshots are fake.